none
Additional Dashboard and Report Templates RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I need assistance with understanding if there are additional charts, templates that I can display my data with. The current charts and graphs are 2-D with no shading, lighting, etc. The presentation is quite drab. Are there "controls" out there that I can install and get as templates in my dashboard designer. Looking for a great presentation layer - like Dundas for example. Am I looking at the wrong tool in the Dashboard designer maybe and need some other method to get fantastic presentations to SharePoint? Thanks for your help !
    John
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 10:12 AM

Answers

• Hi ,

PPS analytic chart have limited customization. Users do not have any control over Scaling axis, cannot change the bar colors or cannot have a 3-D view also. If you are looking for a better UI, you could go for ProClarity and import the ProClarity report to PPS.

Thanks and regards,
    Ram
    • Marked as answer by John PPS Doe Thursday, July 16, 2009 12:02 PM
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 11:45 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

PPS analytic chart have limited customization. Users do not have any control over Scaling axis, cannot change the bar colors or cannot have a 3-D view also. If you are looking for a better UI, you could go for ProClarity and import the ProClarity report to PPS.

Thanks and regards,
    Ram
    • Marked as answer by John PPS Doe Thursday, July 16, 2009 12:02 PM
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 11:45 AM
  • Ram,
    Thanks for your response. I however would still like to know how we can get a better presentation outside of what you've mentioned. I can't believe that Microsoft has developed a product that can't compete with the like of BO and Hyperion - their presentation are far more superior than the ones you've mentioned.
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 1:04 PM
  • Hi,

Well if you want dundas kind of charts then you could import the charts into PPS if i am not wrong. Else for a better UI you can integrate with silverlight. I am not sure whether PPS can integrate with silverlight.

Thanks and regards,
    ram
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 4:22 PM
  • Any ideas on how? Thanks for your continued support
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 9:29 AM
  • Hi,

I am not sure how this could be achieved with PPS. Well i was trying out integrating SSRS 2008 with silverlight . Best way is to post the question in SSRS forums.

Thanks and regards,
    Ram
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 12:40 PM