Device Triggers (Task Scheduler) RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to make a task the trigger being that when a device is plugged in it will run the task
    Here is where i'm at: 
    so far i made the "began the task", "on an event", that gets me to the next window Now this is where i can't figure it out, my Guess is that the log is HARDWARE (either that or system) so the real question is what is the log, source and event id supposed to be. I know everything about the device (all its properties). 
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Tuesday, August 23, 2011 6:50 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows Vista Applications)
    • Moved by Bill_Stewart Thursday, August 25, 2011 7:14 PM Question about Task Scheduler, not scripting (From:The Official Scripting Guys Forum!)
    Saturday, August 20, 2011 11:56 AM

All replies

• I'm trying to make a task the trigger being that when a device is plugged in it will run the task
    Here is where i'm at: 
    so far i made the "began the task", "on an event", that gets me to the next window Now this is where i can't figure it out, my Guess is that the log is HARDWARE (either that or system) so the real question is what is the log, source and event id supposed to be. I know everything about the device (all its properties). 
    Can you post the code you are using for this?

jv
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 10:24 PM
  • (Why was this moved to a scripting forum? It sounds like more of a general Windows OS question about the task scheduler --Bill)
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 12:48 AM