none
Roaming Profile and Temp profile

Question

• Hi,

I have Windows 7 users who have a Roaming profile configured on their user account in AD. A few of these users then use this account to logon to a citrix server to access certain applications and their profile is then redirected using folder redirection and is configured using a loopback polcy which works fine and their profile folders are all redirected properly. The citrix farm is windows 2008 r2. Once they logon to citrix xenapp, they are presented with some applications, and one of those is to rdp onto a Windows 2012 server. When they logon to the Windows 2012 server, they are presented with a temporary profile.

How can I make sure that when they logon to the w2k12 server that they have an actual profile created? In the registry for their accounts (HKLM\software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList), it points to a Central profile path and that is the same path as when they logon to the domain normally, but they can't access that path from the citrix farm (and I don't want them to since the folders are now redirected). If I remove their AD roaming profile, then they get a normal profile when they logon to citrix and then the w2k12 server), and the registry does not contain the Central profile path. The users need to have their roaming profile for normal operations (i.e. when they are not using citrix)

Is there any GPO that I can configure to remove the Central Profile reg entry when they logon to the W2k12 server?

Thxs

Jaz

• Edited by JazK Tuesday, October 20, 2015 11:22 AM
    Tuesday, October 20, 2015 8:06 AM

Answers

All replies