none
DPM 2012 and certificate-based authentication RRS feed

• Question

• is it really correct that certificate-based auth doesn't allow me to protect system state nor BMR?

I was happy to hear about disaster recovery to be supported on WG PS in DPM 2012, but if system protection isnt possible, thats just to bad. Tell me im just bad informed

Ivarson

Monday, April 16, 2012 10:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes, that is correct, I'm not sure of technical reasons why systemstate is not supported when it is using workgroup or untrusted domain workflow.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 4:02 AM
  • Thanks again for your effort Mike.

Thats too bad, since CBA solved the matter of Disaster Recover on nondomain servers which we have a bunch of...

Is it not technical possible, or is it merely that Microsoft doesn't support that combination (but it is still possible to use)?

Ivarson

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 12:53 PM
  • Hi,

I am inquiring with the product group why systemstate is not a supported workload.  As a workround, you can have DPM run a prebackup script to run a local systemstate backup using wbadmin.exe, and have DPM protect the C:\windowsimagebackup folder.  

This is the link to configure pre-backup script: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb808870.aspx

Try that and let me know if you run into any problems with that approach.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 6:50 PM