Filtering one column with multiple values? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a list set up. I was under the impression that you could select multiple values when applying a filter, but this is not the case with my Sharepoint Online tenant. Am I missing something obvious? 

Thursday, April 14, 2016 6:17 PM

Answers

• Hi Adam,

What column type did you use for the problematic column?

I tested as: create a custom list, create a column using Single line of Text column, add some items into the list, then filter the custom column, I could set multiple values filters on the column.

Then I set the column as indexed column, and check again, it also could work well.

Did you do any particular operations on list or column?

Please create a new custom list and test again on the new list.

In addition, as you are using SharePoint Online, I suggest you create a new thread on Office 365 forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Office 365 forum:
    https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/

Thanks,

Wendy

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Dean_Wang Thursday, April 21, 2016 8:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by Dean_Wang Friday, April 22, 2016 9:23 AM
    Friday, April 15, 2016 5:53 AM

All replies

• You should be able to select multiple values in the filter, what type of list it is? How you created that list?

---
    Rajesh | Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2016 6:30 PM
  • I created it like you would any other list in SharePoint. via Site Contents -> Custom List.

Could this be because I have indexed columns? Does that do anything?

• Edited by Adam_B920 Thursday, April 14, 2016 6:34 PM
    Thursday, April 14, 2016 6:32 PM
  • Hi Adam,

What column type did you use for the problematic column?

I tested as: create a custom list, create a column using Single line of Text column, add some items into the list, then filter the custom column, I could set multiple values filters on the column.

Then I set the column as indexed column, and check again, it also could work well.

Did you do any particular operations on list or column?

Please create a new custom list and test again on the new list.

In addition, as you are using SharePoint Online, I suggest you create a new thread on Office 365 forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Office 365 forum:
    https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/

Thanks,

Wendy

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Dean_Wang Thursday, April 21, 2016 8:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by Dean_Wang Friday, April 22, 2016 9:23 AM
    Friday, April 15, 2016 5:53 AM