none
Checklist to verify Exchange services which needs to be moved first prior actual decommissioning RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, Guys.

Need your assistance on this.

Do you have any articles/documentation that shows checklist/process to verify Exchange services [OWA, Activesync, OAB, Public Folder Replicas/Content/Database, Routing Connectors, Mailbox Databases, etc] that need to be moved first prior decommissioning a standalone server? Please advise.

Thank you.

Sunday, June 26, 2016 3:00 AM

Answers

• Hi IrwinBats,

Based on my knowledge, I don't know there is any articles that will clearly show the checklist when decommissioning a server.

However, before decommissioning, you should make sure all exchange services had been moved/pointed to the new exchange server, and then power off the old server to check if all exchange functions work fine in new exchange server, if everything is ok, you can decommission the old server .

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 8:29 AM

All replies

• Looks like you've covered it to me.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Sunday, June 26, 2016 3:52 PM
  • Hi IrwinBats,

Based on my knowledge, I don't know there is any articles that will clearly show the checklist when decommissioning a server.

However, before decommissioning, you should make sure all exchange services had been moved/pointed to the new exchange server, and then power off the old server to check if all exchange functions work fine in new exchange server, if everything is ok, you can decommission the old server .

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 8:29 AM