none
Do I have to start numbering at "Applications001" in CustomSettings.ini? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm referring to the ability to specify pre-checked applications in CustomSettings.ini using the "Applocations001=<GUID>" method. Say I want to leave off the extra zeroes and go with "Applications1" or say for some crazy reason I want to start with "10" like "Applications010". Is MDT "intelligent" enough to know to start with the lowest number after the word "Applications"? Also is there a limit to how high the number can go? Does it cap at "Applications999" or does it cap much lower? Not saying I'll go that high, just wondering what the limits are on this.
    Wednesday, January 8, 2014 3:23 PM

Answers

• Numbers may be between 1 and 999

You can start at any number within the CS.ini *HOWEVER* when reading the list, MDT will always start at 1, and if it comes across any missing number it will ignore the rest. So if you inputted Var10, without using Var1 through Var9, then Var10 might as well not existed.

You may choose to *not* prefix a zero to the start, or you may choose to prefix some zeros, as long as the number is 3 digits long, like: 001, 010, 100.

Valid:
    Applications1=GUID
    Applications10=GUID
    Applications010=GUID

Not Valid:
    Applications01=GUID
    Applications0001=GUID

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 7:29 PM

All replies

• I'm not sure if there is a cap but the numeric suffix must be in place. So, Applications001, Applications002, and so on. It's been a while but I'm pretty sure something like "Applications010" without the preceding numbers would fail to install.

-Nick O.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 3:28 PM
  • So I'm hearing "No" from Nick. Any dissenting views?
    Wednesday, January 8, 2014 7:06 PM
  • Numbers may be between 1 and 999

You can start at any number within the CS.ini *HOWEVER* when reading the list, MDT will always start at 1, and if it comes across any missing number it will ignore the rest. So if you inputted Var10, without using Var1 through Var9, then Var10 might as well not existed.

You may choose to *not* prefix a zero to the start, or you may choose to prefix some zeros, as long as the number is 3 digits long, like: 001, 010, 100.

Valid:
    Applications1=GUID
    Applications10=GUID
    Applications010=GUID

Not Valid:
    Applications01=GUID
    Applications0001=GUID

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 7:29 PM
  • Awesome, thanks Keith. This is what i was looking for. An explanation of *how* it worked (not just what it does) so I could wrap my brain around it. Hey do you mind if I post this on my blog? I'll give you full credit.

Thanks man!
    • Edited by ZeusABJ Wednesday, January 8, 2014 9:05 PM
    Wednesday, January 8, 2014 9:04 PM
  • Oh hey one more question... I assume the same logic applies to WUMU_ExcludeKB and WUMU_ExcludeID?
    Wednesday, January 8, 2014 9:07 PM