Deploying with Center and Gateway not as workgroup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am currently deploying a ATA environment where Center and Gateway are on computers that are members of the domain (not workgroup)

and I was wondering are there any addition step/differences in the deployment process compared to when the Center and Gateway are members of WORKGROUP?

Thank you for your time

Friday, May 27, 2016 8:24 AM

All replies

• The GW is installed on a workgroup server that has port mirroring enabled. as that would be the only way you can get traffic from the domain controller.

the recommended install is a LightWeight Gateway installed directly on the domain controllers.

• Proposed as answer by Coiter Friday, May 27, 2016 10:53 AM
    Friday, May 27, 2016 10:13 AM
  • The GW is installed on a workgroup server that has port mirroring enabled. as that would be the only way you can get traffic from the domain controller.

the recommended install is a LightWeight Gateway installed directly on the domain controllers.

Thanks, I have one more question. Under the "Configuring Windows Event Fowarding" instructions on the deployment guide, its states:

Make sure all the domain controllers and ATA Gateways you are connecting are joined to the same domain.

wouldnt this mean you would have to join the domain on the gateway server before configuring windows event forwarding?

Monday, May 30, 2016 1:42 AM
  • You have to use something else then Windows event forwarding. regular syslog or other forwarding tool
    • Proposed as answer by Coiter Monday, May 30, 2016 7:55 AM
    Monday, May 30, 2016 6:55 AM
  • You have to use something else then Windows event forwarding. regular syslog or other forwarding tool
    Thanks for the quick answer. Just wondering, would it be possible to use some sort of script to forward the event instead? (rather than downloading another tool)
    Monday, May 30, 2016 8:09 AM
  • Honestly, i dont see why you would go through so much trouble just to keep them outside the domain, i dont see any advantages to this.
    Monday, May 30, 2016 8:26 AM
  • I think that event forwarding can be configured even to a non-domain machine, although it involves more steps to set it up.

It is not possible to forward events using a script.

Monday, May 30, 2016 6:08 PM