Customizing a 2007 Office installation or Office 2010 installation
To customize an Office installation, use the Office Customization Tool to create a customization patch (.MSP).
When you install Office with this customization file, the Office features that are set to Not Available are not installed.
1. Start the Office Customization Tool (OCT). To do this, click Start, click Run, type Office installation CD \setup /admin, and then click OK.
2. Select Set Feature Installation States in the navigation bar on the left side of the screen, and then select the feature that you do not want to install in the tree on the right.
3. Set the installation state of the selected feature to Not Available, Hidden, or Locked. If more than one of these settings is needed, the menu must be accessed again to select the additional setting.
4. Repeat steps 2 through 3 for each feature that you do not want to install.
5. Set any additional options that you want in the OCT.
6. Select Save As on the File menu to create the MSP file. It should be saved in the \Updates folder unless another location is specified in the Config.xml file.
7. Install the 2007 Office suite with the .MSP file.
Note The Office Customization Tool requires that Windows Installer 3.1 be installed.
- Proposed as answer by Harry Yuan Friday, October 08, 2010 5:31 AM
I've done all that and when I apply the msp, none of the changes come across. What specific options to I need to modify in the tool to affect the following changes:
default file location - mapped network drive (H or some such mapped drive letter)
default font style and size
default timed document backup interval.