none
Set-DPMProtectionGroup : There is insufficient space.... RRS feed

• Question

• When adding a second server to a protection group through powershell, I get the following error message:

Set-DPMProtectionGroup : There is insufficient space on the storage pool disks
    to allocate the replica and recovery point volumes (ID: 171)
    Add more disks to the storage pool by using the Disks tab in the Management tas
    k area, or reduce the specified allocations
    At line:1 char:23
    + Set-DPMprotectiongroup <<<<  $2ndmpg
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Set-DPMProtectionGroup], DlsE
       xception
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : InsufficientSpaceOnReplica,Microsoft.Internal.En
       terpriseStorage.Dls.UI.Cmdlet.ProtectionCmdLets.CommitProtectionGroup

Yes, there is plenty of disk space. When I perform the same action through the GUI, I don't get the error. I don't get this error when creating a PG with the first server - only the second server.

The code below is a function I call to add additional servers to an existing PG.

function AddToPG
    {
                    param($dpmname, $psname, $dsname, $pgname)

trap{"Error in execution... ";break}
                    &{ 
    								$mpg = get-protectiongroup -DPMServerName $dpmname | where {$_.friendlyname -eq $pgname} 								
    								Get-DPMModifiableProtectionGroup -ProtectionGroup $mpg

Write-Host "Getting Production Server: $psname from DPM: $dpmname"
                                    $ps = Get-ProductionServer -DPMServerName $dpmname | where { ($_.clustername,$_.name) -contains $psname }
                                    write-host "Production Server:  $ps" -foregroundcolor cyan

foreach ($sps in $ps) {
    								Write-Host "Running Inquiry on Production Server: $sps for datasource $dsname"
                                    $ds = Get-Datasource -ProductionServer $sps -Inquire | where { ($_.logicalpath,$_.name) -contains $dsname }
    								write-host "Datasource:  $ds" -foregroundcolor green
    								}

write-host "Adding additional child datasources..." 
                                    Add-childDatasource -ProtectionGroup $mpg -ChildDatasource $ds
    								write-host "Commiting Protection Group..."
                                    Set-protectiongroup $mpg

}
    }

Patrick de Rover

Thursday, September 27, 2012 7:51 PM

Answers

• Adding the following commands before Set-protectiongroup seemed to have resolved the issue:

Get-DatasourceDiskAllocation –Datasource $ds 
    Set-DatasourceDiskAllocation –Protectiongroup $mpg –Datasource $ds 
    Set-ReplicaCreationmethod –Protectiongroup $mpg –Now

Patrick de Rover

Friday, September 28, 2012 5:52 PM

All replies