none
user can't approve a list item

Question

• Hello - 

I have a user here who is part of a group that has Approve, Contribute access on a list.

The list is set up to require content approval for submitted items.

When user clicks on dropdown next to list item, selects Approve/Reject, and tries to approve, user gets the following message: 'Sorry, this site hasn't been shared with you.'

I have verified that the group that user is in has Approve,Contribute permissions on the root site.

Is there somewhere else where we need to grant permissions to get this person the ability to approve list items?

thanks

EDIT:   I did find the following info in the ULS logs:

Non-OAuth request. IsAuthenticated=True, UserIdentityName=0#.w|OD1\john.doe, ClaimsCount=34

SPFederationAuthenticationModule.IsRedirectToLogOnPage: Detected a redirection but the redirect is not to a known signin page:

• Edited by XRS Monday, March 20, 2017 3:54 PM
    Monday, March 20, 2017 3:28 PM

Answers

• Hi XRS,

For your issue, make sure the list/items are not have unique permissions.

Try to grant users of group full control permission on the list and compare the results.

Try to grant users with Approve permission on the site directly and compare the results.

Add your site into trust site, or open the site in another browser and compare the results.

If the issue still exists, please check the authentication method selected for the web application in Central Administration.

Best regards,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by XRS Tuesday, March 21, 2017 12:22 PM
    Tuesday, March 21, 2017 2:29 AM

All replies

• Hi XRS,

Try to grant users of group full control permission on the list and compare the results.

Try to grant users with Approve permission on the site directly and compare the results.

Add your site into trust site, or open the site in another browser and compare the results.

If the issue still exists, please check the authentication method selected for the web application in Central Administration.

Best regards,

Lisa Chen

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by XRS Tuesday, March 21, 2017 12:22 PM
    Tuesday, March 21, 2017 2:29 AM
  • Hi XRS,

Best regards,

Lisa Chen

Hey Lisa -

I removed the Limited Access that was associated to the group, removed it, and re-added it.   That didn't help.  But then I added full control for the group on the library and that appeared to fix it.   Seems odd that Approve/Contribute isn't sufficient enough (in our case).   I'll investigate further but this helps narrow things down a bit.

thanks
    • Edited by XRS Tuesday, March 21, 2017 12:24 PM
    Tuesday, March 21, 2017 12:23 PM