none
Project manager cannot see the PROJECTS even it is a part of Project Team RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All.

Describing our official scenario regarding Project Server permission mode.

As in our project server we have business analyst person who initiate a project and he is also the project owner of that project. My query that how he can give this project in the project center of PROJECT MANAGER?

Though i have one category in which i have mark this check "The user is on the Project's Project Team" and i have also build team in the project and assigned project manager in that team. But my project manager unable to see that project. 

The only way is that to assign task to project manager then he is able to see the project but this one is not recommend way in our organizaiton.

Please suggest how we can better manage the category and security permissions.

Moreover we cannot use the status manager because status manager is team lead in our organization.

Thanks

REGARDS DANISH DANIE

Friday, January 3, 2014 9:30 PM

Answers

• Danish Danie --

As I noted in my last reply, your problems are due to SharePoint permissions mode in your Project Server 2013.  I would recommend you change the settings back to Project Server permissions mode so that you can control security through Groups and Categories.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by Danish.M Saturday, January 4, 2014 6:51 AM
    Friday, January 3, 2014 9:58 PM

All replies

• Danish Danie --

As I noted in my last reply, your problems are due to SharePoint permissions mode in your Project Server 2013.  I would recommend you change the settings back to Project Server permissions mode so that you can control security through Groups and Categories.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by Danish.M Saturday, January 4, 2014 6:51 AM
    Friday, January 3, 2014 9:58 PM
  • Hi Danish Danie,

As Dale said, you should definitively switch to Project Server permissions mode. This will give you the flexibility you need and much more ease to maintain and administrate.

Here is an interesting technet article to read: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fp161361.aspx

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Friday, January 3, 2014 11:54 PM