Dial-in tab and RSAT RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've been able to get a user's terminal services information to show up in Active Directory Users & Computers on my Vista machine.  I would love to see the Dial-In tab, has anyone out there been able to make the tab appear?

Thanks,

Tom
    Friday, August 1, 2008 7:05 PM

All replies

• Thanks I had seen that already.  I probably should have made my original post a little clearer, I have the terminal services tabs showing up now however I still can't get the 'dial-in' tab to show.

We still use it so it's somewhat of an inconvenience to no longer have it on my primary console.
    Monday, September 8, 2008 1:29 PM
  • hi,

you have to copy some files from the 2008 server to your vista client. if you use a win32 vista you have to copy these files from a server2008 x86, if you use x64 os the server must be on x64 too.

copy the following files from the server (here its a 32bit os) %systemroot%/system32:

mprsnap.dll, rasuser.dll and rtrfiltr.dll to the vista system32 folder.

now copy the following files from the server (here its a 32bit german os) %systemroot%/system32/de-DE (en-EN when using english os):

mprsnap.dll.mui, rasuser.dll.mui, rtrfiltr.dll.mui to the vista system32/(your-language) folder.

now start a cmd using runas admin on the vista client and enter: "regsvr32.exe rasuser.dll"

re-open your ADUC console... there should be now a dial-in tab.

btw, this workaround is not officially supported but it works ;-)

Monday, September 8, 2008 1:39 PM