none
Workflow Health shows too many workflows started RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    We are running Project Server 2016 with the latest updates till date and we are using SharePoint Designer 2013 to create and deploy the Project Server workflows.

    Following is the image that shows the figures that I am confused about:

    Wokflow Health

    The SDP1 Project Lifecycle shows 17 started. We were creating projects one after another for testing workflows and to clean the PWA we deleted these projects. We used End this workflow button/link to terminate the workflows before deleting but only few of them like 2-3 workflows terminated rest didn't show any response and the Internal status was Started. However we went ahead and deleted the projects but didn't realise that the workflows in the background might not get deleted in this process. Now we have only 4-5 projects running with the said workflow but still the Started is shown as 17.

    How can we reset the statistics to show the correct figures?

    Regards


    Tanzim Akhtar

    Tuesday, July 31, 2018 9:55 AM

All replies

  • You might have to use PowerShell to cancel these orphaned workflow instances.

    Here is an example: http://fix-it.brokenwizard.net/?p=248

    Goes without saying, that this is a sample and needs to be tested thoroughly before you run in production.


    Cheers,

    Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

    Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   


    Tuesday, July 31, 2018 8:53 PM
    Moderator
  • Thank you Prasanna for your quick response. I will try the powershell in sha' Allaah.

    However what will be a better way from the UI as an Admin to stop/end these started workflows.

    Moreover, I have a question regarding SharePoint Designer 2013 workflow behaviour. I don't know whether I should put it here or not. In the project server workflow we created task assignment "Assign a Task" action. However we modified the Email body to add few lines and links. The Task Title in the email body when received points to the local server address rather than public server address. For e.g. our local server address is http://epm01/sites/pwa and public one is http://12.345.678.910/sites/pwa. The email body for Task Title points to the http://epm01/sites/pwa. This wasn't happening before we edit the task assignment email body.

    Regards


    Tanzim Akhtar

    Wednesday, August 1, 2018 10:16 AM
  • Ok, for URL, we changed the default zone to be the http://12.345.678.910 and now it is working as expected, Alhamdulillaah.

    I will update once I use the powershell for the orphaned workflows.

    Regards


    Tanzim Akhtar

    Wednesday, August 1, 2018 3:16 PM