none
Cannot connect to Remote Desktop connection 8.08 for Mac RRS feed

• General discussion

• I cannot connect to a windows based computer via the Microsoft Remote Desktop on Mac. I used it last week and it worked perfectly. I updated it to version 8.08 yesterday, the same connection was saved and now I cannot connect. It keeps on "connecting" via a black screen but it never connects. Before it only took a few seconds to connect.

Is there anyway to revert back to the previous version ?? Please help, I need it for my work. 

Friday, August 8, 2014 6:02 AM

All replies

• I've heard of some issues with 8.08 but 8.07 had its own set of problems, not sure if you can revert back if it's not in the app. store anymore

what if you connect with the IP instead of the name, or define the port in the connection string, ex. mypc:3389

see if you can get rid of your old saved info and try creating the connection from scratch...you might have to completely uninstall the rdp client and re-install it again

Friday, August 8, 2014 2:45 PM
  • Thanks for the advice. I reinstalled the Microsoft Remote Desktop App and recreated the connection, I got the same problem as before. Im already using an IP address to connect. Ive read on the 8.08 reviews that theres other with this problem, though Im not sure how it was fixed. 
    Friday, August 8, 2014 3:43 PM
  • Anyone else with this problem,? It still exists with 8.09.
    Saturday, October 18, 2014 11:42 PM