Moving Clients to a new SITE RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have 2 SCCM 2007 sites.  One on our Core network and another in a currently isolated network.

I am wanting to reconfigure some clients in the isloated network to be managed by the SCCM site on our core network.

Additional information:

- Firewall ports have been opened for SCCM between the 2 networks
    - There is a Domain in both networks, no trust, AD Schema extended
    - Clients in isolated network will remain as members of 'isolated' AD Domain
    - SCCM Site in isolated network is Native mode and uses PKI
    - SCCM Site on Core network in Mixed mode and does not use certificates. 

How can I reconfigure clients in this isolated network to be managed by the Core SCCM Site, and ignore any Site information published via AD and to not require certs?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Andrew

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 2:13 PM

Answers

All replies

• You should at least be aware of this:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/configmgrteam/archive/2009/04/09/reassigning-a-configuration-manager-client-across-hierarchies.aspx

John Marcum | http://myitforum.com/myitforumwp/author/johnmarcum/

• Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Wednesday, June 26, 2013 9:06 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by AC76 Wednesday, June 26, 2013 5:21 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Garth JonesMVP Sunday, December 28, 2014 4:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by Garth JonesMVP Saturday, January 3, 2015 5:06 PM
    Tuesday, June 25, 2013 2:52 PM
  • Hi,

Though this is useful for removing the trusted key, it does not details what other changes I have to make.  Also, I am not convinced this has worked, by using wbemtest. 

I have found a script that allows me to reconfig the site code that appears to have worked.

With no AD publishing of core site details to this domain and no DNS available I have configured hosts and lmhosts files as for standard servers behind a firewall.

Is there anything else I should be reconfiguring?  Or should I be carrying out a clean re-install of the client?

Thanks again.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 5:26 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Garth JonesMVP Sunday, December 28, 2014 4:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by Garth JonesMVP Saturday, January 3, 2015 5:06 PM
    Wednesday, June 26, 2013 6:13 PM
  • Thanks - this is useful information.  I have already run a script that has allowed me to change the Site.

For information I have also amended the boundaries for the Core and Isolated networks (all IP range boundaries) to remove the server from the Isolated site and within a boundary for the Core Site.

My concern is that though my clients now have the correct site, they are not configured to connect to the MP/SLP for the Core Site.

I will trawl through the logs on Monday to see if I can gather any further information, but if anyone has any further information that would assist I would appreciate it being shared.

Thanks again,
    Andrew

Thursday, June 27, 2013 12:11 PM