none
How to repair broken domain users home share folders RRS feed

• Question

• I am running a Windows Server 2008 R2 domain Controller, I setup users home folders a while ago (over 2 year) now all of a suddend the users can no longer save downloads to the downloads. documents or any of their redirected folders within their share, they get a message "You don't have permissions to access this folder" I am not sure if it is my Folder Redirect Policy of my "Share" settings. Here are my share settings for the MAIN folder titled "Users" Right click and under "Sharing" clicked "Advanced Sharing" removed "Everyone" group and added "Domain Users" with "Full Control" and Administrators with Read & Execute. Clicked the "Security" tab and set removed "Inheritance" and my original settings are not know it was so long ago, I have some asshole IT helpers that don't know what they are doing and never tell me the changes they made. So now the parent folder has every user individually under the security - Advanced section with access to the parent only. My folder redirection appears to be changed as well, originally it was set correctly and working great, now it has "Specify Location for various users and groups" with the Groups and setting being "\\My Domain\Domain Users\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents, for the documents folder. I am looking for some help trying to repair all this now so as not to have to re-do everything again. My user lost desktop icon, the ability to save downloads, and the wallpaper GPO is not Appling correctly, I am having a lot of issues.

PLEASE HELP

Thanks

Thursday, October 8, 2020 3:03 AM