laptops freeze at startup RRS feed

• Question

• guys,

i got 2 hp laptops(probook 4515s) got problems with W10 pro. They both have a ssd onboard and when starting almost everytime the laptops freeze at startup. When i press the powerbutton to shut it down, the nexttime the laptop boots fine.

Anyone an idea what could be causing this or how to sole this problem(if possible)?

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 2:52 PM

Answers

• Ok, i think i solved the problem. I found some core errors im the eventviewer but couldnt find a sollution to that I disabled the fast boot in the control panel/power options, and now it starts without freezing. Will keep you guys informed if it stills boots without freezing, the next few days.
    Tuesday, August 11, 2015 6:33 AM

All replies

• Hi enlil,

Which step is the boot process stuck in? Have you tried to update the BIOS from the device manufacturer website?

Please check for updates manually for the machine and then check for the symptom again.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 6, 2015 8:39 AM
  • many thansk for the reply. There is no biosupdate available. also the machine is fully up to date.
    Thursday, August 6, 2015 5:04 PM
  • Hi enlil,

Which step is the boot process stuck in?

According to the symptom, it seems that there is a specific driver failing to initialize for the first time and it cound be initialized for the second time.
    Please check the Event Viewer for any related error messages to troubleshoot this issue.
    Considering the issue occurred with the specific HP model machine, please also ask for help from the HP support.

Best regrads

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 10, 2015 3:23 AM
  • Ok, i think i solved the problem. I found some core errors im the eventviewer but couldnt find a sollution to that I disabled the fast boot in the control panel/power options, and now it starts without freezing. Will keep you guys informed if it stills boots without freezing, the next few days.
    Tuesday, August 11, 2015 6:33 AM