none
Credential manager Skipping Saved Passwords RRS feed

• Question

• HI Team,

I have a Share folder on my Server with Server 2016 OS.

I have assigned the R/W to everyone for the Domain users also shared the folder with full rights. still I am getting a prompt for the password while accessing the folder from the computers on domain.

Also, i have saved the password to credential manager but it gets skipped.

Is there any setting on domain controller with which if any computer gets connected to domain will easily access the share folder without any further steps.

If not, kindly help is there is any registry setting which will stop the credential manager from loosing the saved passwords.

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 11:48 PM

All replies

• R.click on cmd,run as Administrator,in cmd type: services.msc in msc,scroll to Credential Manager/double click/set to Auto start/start service..Also,other services have user-pc-values for same,Application services,might have some control,simply open a service,locate its Description box,& locate its dependencies box for its properties.Remote Service,& their are a bunch in msc,,All msc services let one use service(s) if the Log On box is edited for such..

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Search/en-US?query=credential%20mgr%20%26%20server%202016&pgArea=header&emptyWatermark=true&ac=5

Also,use the Microsoft/MSDN link for that topic..

Thursday, September 12, 2019 2:19 AM
  • Hi,

Please try the following steps:

Go to Control Panel > Network and sharing center > Change advanced sharing settings.

Expand All Networks at the bottom of the window.

Check Turn off password protected sharing.

Click Save changes.

Hope it helps.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 13, 2019 2:32 AM