Can't uninstall app - The specified account already exists RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I can't uninstall 'Asus Smart Gesture' in order to install a new version which can disable the touchpad. Everytime I'm trying to uninstall it I receive "The specified account already exists" and the app is not uninstalled.

I found an app from Microsoft  (https://support.enthought.com/hc/en-us/articles/204469550-Windows-Error-during-msi-installation-The-specified-account-already-exists-) which is repairing some registries to fix this problem, but, of course, it's not working for Win10, but for all other windows versions.

The bottom line is that I want to disable my touchpad.

Thank you.

Saturday, August 8, 2015 12:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• That's interesting as I have the opposite issue.  I have an Asus UX51VZ Zenbook and with the old driver for the touchpad (Asus Smart Gesture version 2.1.3) I could click the option to disable touchpad when mouse is detected and it worked fine.  All of a sudden 2 days ago Windows Update installed a new version of Asus Smart Gesture (version 4.X something) and with that version I could no longer disable the touchpad when my mouse was connected.  The same setting was there but it wouldn't work.  So, I uninstalled the new version and went back to the Asus site and reinstalled 2.1.3 and now I can disable it again. 
    Saturday, August 8, 2015 1:16 PM
  • Well, I can't unistall any version of Asus Smart Gesture since I receive that message (The specified account already exists) and your experience doesn't help me for the moment.
    Saturday, August 8, 2015 1:28 PM
  • Hi,

Please refer to this thread to resolve your issue:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3f3alv/help_asus_smart_gesture_cant_install_a_new_one/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by anatal2k3 Sunday, August 9, 2015 5:34 PM
    Sunday, August 9, 2015 7:02 AM