none
Receiving error for a single task sequence - Failure 5624 + other errors RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have been reading thorough articles on here and some of them pertain to my issue but some do not. I have 4 separate task sequences for deployment (model and driver based) All of them are working just fine except the one I have for an Optiplex 760. No changes were made, I am the sole administrator for MDT 2012 in my organization. I understand you will need error logs and copies of everything I am a bit new to this so any help would be very appreciated. 

I have attached the error that I am getting. The task sequence makes it to 2% and then I get the attached error(s)

Thanks,

Alex

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 7:21 PM

Answers

• So I was FINALLY able to get this resolved, and shame on me for leaving this part out. My office where I do all my testing is on a different subnet than where my MDT server lives. I am on an admin network and can see that subnet but that subnet cannot see me. Was testing out capturing an image manually to my deployment share and it errored out with Error code 2. I looked it up and the error is caused when going from one subnet to another and to a network drive BINGO. So I took my test and moved it onto the same subnet and was able to image multiple times without error. I guess I was hitting some sort of network buffer but all is well and I am very Happy.

Alex

• Marked as answer by Gavillan Monday, December 9, 2013 9:01 PM
    Monday, December 9, 2013 9:01 PM

All replies

• Anyone else having this issue or can lend a hand?

Thanks,

Alex

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 8:46 PM
  • I think that's one of the more generic errors that usually ends up being a driver.  We have Opti 760s here that I image all the time (Windows 7 & 8) without issues.  In your case, I'd assume it's something with that machine missing a driver in Windows PE.  

Do you have the Dell 760 Win PE drivers imported and assigned to the PE boot?  Do you have the Dell 760 Enterprise CAB imported for the 760 deployment?

They can both be found here:  http://ftp.dell.com/published/Pages/optiplex-760.html#Drivers

Find the three "Dell Driver Pack" entries...  get the one A00 one for Win 7 x64 and import that into your 760 selection set.  That should ensure you have all you need for the 760s.  Try deploying again.  This is 90% likely to fix your issue.  If so, you had a driver missing.  If not...

Directly above the Dell Driver Pack are three WinPE CAB packs.  You're probably using Win PE 4. If not, I hope you know which one you are using.  Grab that pack and import it into the PE selection set.  Rebuild your boot images and try the deploy again.

--smthng

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:20 PM
  • I'll give this a shot and report back. I left this part out but I have done all of what you said when I first set this up back in October. I haven't made any changes since then and my 760 and E6330 deployments just broke haha. Not sure whats going on. For starters, I deleted my custom WIM, re-imported it and created new boot images and will test in the next half an hour or so.

Thanks for your reply!

Alex

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 10:45 PM
  • So I gave that a shot but no dice. Its just so strange I only have those 2 out of 5 task sequences failing on me...
    Wednesday, November 13, 2013 11:56 PM
  • This is a generic error that something happened while trying to write the *.wim file to the disk.

Can you check the bdd.log file, MDT should capture the error from image.exe and place it into the bdd.log file.

Additionally, I would break out into the cmd.exe window (F8) while in WinPE, and try running the command manually :^):

net use W: \\SD-MDT-01\deploymentshare$ /u:Domain\USer *
    W:\tools\x64\imagex.exe /apply \\SD-MDT-01\DeploymentShare$\operating Systems\FILE.wim 1 C:

If you still need help, copy the bdd.log file to a public share like SkyDrive, and post the link here.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Thursday, November 14, 2013 5:30 AM
  • Another option, but I don't like doing it...  I've had driver conflicts where the pre-install drivers stop working on certain machines.  Nuking them all and reimporting clean ones (then rebuild the share) can fix it.  Of course, this assumes you're organizing your drivers optimally in MDT and can easily re-add only the neccessary ones for boot and install.  For us, this can normally be done with just a couple of the Dell CABs and the selection set for required drivers only.  For us, this is just a lot easier than tracking down a couple misbehaving drivers or conflicts.

--smthng

Thursday, November 14, 2013 1:32 PM
  • OK I ran this manually and it failed. Imagex error 112, "Not enough free space" Kinda stumped this is a fresh box, with no OS or anything installed on it HD should have plenty of space

Link to the article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2699055/en-us

Here is a link to my bdd.log file https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2126768/BDD.log

Thursday, November 14, 2013 5:37 PM
  • Nope, this is *NOT* a link to the correct Bdd.log file.

You posted a bdd.log with a task sequence of: Java 7.45  See:

Task Sequence does not contain an OS and does not contain a LTIApply.wsf step, possibly a Custom Step or a Client Replace.	Wizard	10/17/2013 4:38:42 PM	0 (0x0000)

-k-k

Thursday, November 14, 2013 5:49 PM
  • I must not know where to find the BDD.log file correctly then. on my deployment computer I went to C:\Windows\Temp\DeploymentLogs\BDD.log should I be looking somewhere else? Sorry I am rather new to this. 

Alex

Thursday, November 14, 2013 6:16 PM
  • It may have been copied to x:\windows\temp\deploymentlogs

anyways, check the c:, and x: drives for all instances of bdd.log

dir /s c:\bdd.log

dir /s x:\bdd.log

take the one with the most recent date. 

Thursday, November 14, 2013 6:18 PM
  • Sorry, am I looking for this log on the machine I am trying to image or my server where MDT lives? I did a quick check of my disk space on my MDT server and if I check "My Computer" i can see that I have free space. When I launch CMD and do a quick check using DISKPART List Disk. I can see my internal HD and the external that houses my deployment share. The sizes for the disks are correct but the free space is 0 for my main HD and 1024KB for my external. I am thinking this has something to do with whats going on but cant be certain. I have attached screenshots here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2126768/disk%20size.JPG

Just for some more information. I imaged an Optiplex 9010 Yesterday without any issues (this was a working task sequence) This morning I tried imaging the same machine and got the same error that I posted about. It seems like my mask sequences are starting to fail but I am not sure why

Thursday, November 14, 2013 6:46 PM
  • I fond the correct log from the machine itself, sorry about that

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2126768/BDD.log

Thanks,

Alex

Thursday, November 14, 2013 11:45 PM
  • Imagex error 112, "Not enough free space"

You mention above that error 112 is, not enough free space, but I don't understand how you came up with that number. ImageX is returning:

Console > [ RETRY ] Restoring C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\SetupCache\Extended\netfx_extended.mzz again (Error = 22)
    Console > [ RETRY ] Restoring C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\SetupCache\Extended\netfx_extended.mzz again (Error = 64)

Err 22 and err 64 which translates to : ERROR_BAD_COMMAND and ERROR_WRONG_DISK. Which is troubling.

Is this consistent on the 760? Are you using the latest driver packs? Can you try creating a test share with MDT 2013 and the Windows 8.1 ADK?

I suspect either driver problems, or bad hardware.

Friday, November 15, 2013 4:18 AM
  • I got the low disk space error when I tried running imagex.exe manually from the CMD, that's the error it returned. This is now consistent with 760, E6330 and 9010. I created a new deployment share on the same box, pulled in the latest CAB files for the Optiplex 9010, my same custom WIM file and tried to image this morning and got the same results. 

Its just super strange, I imaged about 7 9010's Wednesday and then went to image the Thursday and it just broke, no changes were made to my deployment share or hardware configuration of the machines. 

Here is the log file from this morning: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2126768/BDD.log

I am going to pull in the source files from a Windows 7 disk and see if that yileds different results. I am beginning to think it has something to do with the machine I have MDT installed on...

Alex

Friday, November 15, 2013 4:33 PM
  • I haven't tried MDT 2013 or the Windows 8.1 ADK yet. I went ahead and setup MDT on another machine to test some deployments and get everything up and running for the desktops that I need to get out at the moment.

I'll try what you suggested and let you know if that works, unfortunately my main server running MDT is hosed with the error that I originally reported, still a mystery to me...

Alex

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 8:31 PM
  • So I was FINALLY able to get this resolved, and shame on me for leaving this part out. My office where I do all my testing is on a different subnet than where my MDT server lives. I am on an admin network and can see that subnet but that subnet cannot see me. Was testing out capturing an image manually to my deployment share and it errored out with Error code 2. I looked it up and the error is caused when going from one subnet to another and to a network drive BINGO. So I took my test and moved it onto the same subnet and was able to image multiple times without error. I guess I was hitting some sort of network buffer but all is well and I am very Happy.

Alex

• Marked as answer by Gavillan Monday, December 9, 2013 9:01 PM
    Monday, December 9, 2013 9:01 PM