Has Any At microsoft TESTED any new 2.0 tpm with the old software (FOUND A PROBLEM) RRS feed

• Question

• when you load the tpm in mmc the hardware shows but it doesn't allow you to view or change any of the tpm settings to any of the assigned numbers

my rig a HP OMEN 15-ax033dx with a 2.0 hardware tpm

the problem is that no settings will show up for the TPM it is there and on but wont show the next menu window where all the numbered settings would be at where you can tick any one of the radio buttons to change a TPM setting in the TPM itself

Would this be a tpm 2.0 incompatibility with windows 10 and a Kingston tpm or can this be recreated and the same hardware spec's

as soon as I open the mmc and add the tpm it loads but not what all I am used to seeing like the setting's can you please and try and recreate this in a lab with an omen and other newer tpm spec's to see if it is time to updates windows tpm firmware on the OS side this is driving me crazy as I have no control over what is being blocked buy the tpm and what is not

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 12:33 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

Please check if reset TPM is helpful to fix this issue and it will be better if you could provide a screenshot about your issue, which will be very helpful for us to understand your issue.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 13, 2016 3:29 PM
  • that option is available  the option that does not show up is the menu below that where you can block or unblock TPM  commands

Thursday, January 26, 2017 6:19 PM