Instalation Failure RRS feed

• Question

• Yesterday I instaled Steadystate on my family home computer. Now after boot it goes to the welcome screen with no users listed. I have used ctrl-alt-del to go to logon dialog box and tried all user profile names including administrator and get account disabled message. I have not used passwords in any of these accounts previously. How do I recover from this point?
    Monday, June 25, 2007 7:16 PM

Answers

• The one thing I have to say about it is that it really saves ALL of the files on your computer and it prevents any more downloads from staying on your computer, but it didn't keep adware and viruses from getting on my computer! After the bugs are worked out, though, I will download it again.
    Sunday, July 8, 2007 6:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

please try to log into the system in Safe mode with the built-in administrator account .

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 8:28 AM
  • Yes that got me into the os and I rolled it back to the last restore point. What could have caused this situation? I want to instal the Steadystate system.
    Tuesday, June 26, 2007 7:10 PM

• Hi,

there can be many factors involved,eg, the accounts will not be allowed to logon on when the steadystate is performing the windows updates or windows disk protection dysfuctnion can caused the accounts logon failure.

To avoid wdp issue, please defragment the system partition before turing on windows disk protection.

Also you can uninstall the steadystate and reinstall the tool again to try out.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 7:37 AM
  • What if there is no file found on the computer to disable the disk protection so that the tool can be uninstalled? Is there a remedy for this? I also got the installation failure message. I cannot repair it either. I did defrag. and unstall and everything else they said was necessary for this tool to work right, but no joy. I'd be happy to get it permanantly uninstalled in some way shape or form.  :-(
    Sunday, July 1, 2007 9:44 PM
  • Hi,

To uninstall the SteadyState:

--------

1.Turn off Windows Disk Protection:

Open SteadyState->click Windows Disk Protection->Click  Off to turn off disk protection->Restart the computer when prompted.

2.Remove restrictions placed on the shared user profiles if necessary.

3.Uninstall SteadyState:

Control Panel->Add or Remove Programs->Remove "Windows SteadyState"

--------

By the way, you mentioned that “What if there is no file found on the computer to disable the disk protection so that the tool can be uninstalled?”, could you let me know more details of the issue you encountered? Did you receive any errors when you tried to uninstall Windows Disk Protection or SteadyState?

Sincerely,

Sammy Yu

Tuesday, July 3, 2007 5:57 AM
  • To your question: I found a program that forces the uninstall of SteadyState, but it always reappears when you boot up again. When I tried to uninstall it any other way, I got a message that the program wasn't installed correctly and I was instructed to repair or reinstall the program.......I tried to repair, but I couldn't find any way to do so, so I tried to reinstall, but I couldn't because the first copy wouldn't uninstall.

I finally got frustrated and reinstalled windows, but the files I put on a disk for transfer did not copy correctly and were lost, but I no longer have the frustration of the SteadyState on my computer. Joy at last! Thank you for your help and patience.

Saturday, July 7, 2007 12:46 AM
  • I have backed off of trying to use this software until I understand it better. I realy would like to see it work though. Thanks for the help and I will try this product again at a later date.
    Saturday, July 7, 2007 7:10 PM
  • The one thing I have to say about it is that it really saves ALL of the files on your computer and it prevents any more downloads from staying on your computer, but it didn't keep adware and viruses from getting on my computer! After the bugs are worked out, though, I will download it again.
    Sunday, July 8, 2007 6:57 AM