none
Unable to Add a Page to Wiki Library. Adds to SitePages only. Help!

Question

• From a "Wiki Page Library", I click the cog on the top-right, then click "Add a Page". Normally, I am prompted to name the new page and all is good.

As of today, I get a "Name your Page" prompt which adds a page to SitePages.

So, I no longer have any way of adding a page to any of my Wiki Page Libraries.

Does anyone know what I have done to break this?

TIA

Thursday, November 17, 2016 10:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I think this is by design action.

But you could host your wiki page to your wiki library by navigating to your wiki library and ‘Add a page’.

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, November 18, 2016 4:04 AM
  • Thank you for your reply Lee. The image you posted is exactly as it used to work. However, when I now click "Add a Page" from within a Wiki Page Library I am prompted to add a page to SitePages instead. This is in the form of some kind of draft page with a "Name your Page" prompt. I must have changed a setting by accident to cause this but I don't know what. Can you help?
    Friday, November 18, 2016 7:39 AM
  • Hi,

Could you validate once the Wiki Page content type available for this library by navigating to Page->View All Pages, Files->New Document.

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, November 21, 2016 10:05 AM
  • Hi,

I am facing the same issue? Were you able to find a fix ?

Thanks in advance

Thursday, January 5, 2017 11:31 PM