none
Master Projects Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to create a master project and following all the required steps.

Create a project -> Save and Publish -> Close and Checkin

I then open a blank project in MS Project professional 2013 while being connected to the project online instance and insert the above mentioned project into the blank project, hereby creating a master project.

I then publish and close check in and also confirm the link to project checkbox is selected.

Now is where the problem starts.

When I view the Master project in Project Online, it does not even show the Master Project icon (shows icon for a regular project). The sub projects are displayed even when the checkbox for sub projects is unchecked.

After clicking on the Master project, in Project Online, the option of editing it in MS Project is disabled, but it shows that the sub projects are inserted in the master project.

I have encountered this occurrence for Project Online(for different PWA's of same domain/for different PWA's of different domain) only, not Project Server 2013. I am also using the same Project Professional client for all the PWA instance.

Can anyone please help.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Chinmay Rajput.

Thursday, August 13, 2015 4:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Chinmay,

You can open the project from Project Professional (workaround). Please see the MS article for the same issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2878987

Best Regards, Anuja

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 7:31 AM