Netlogon Service. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

My Netlogon Service stopped and when I want to start it show me an error about dependencies. Workstation Service is set on "Local System account" but how about Netlogon service? Should it on "Local System account" too?

Thank you.

Saturday, January 9, 2016 11:26 AM

All replies

• What problem are you solving? Normal status of netlogon in single workstation (isolated computer) is stopped. Default is set to Local System Account. Do not change these settings unless you are sure what you are doing.

For more information look into windows internals book(s) and perhaps some info is in Technet.

Regards

M.

• Proposed as answer by Allen_WangJF Monday, January 11, 2016 10:17 AM
    Saturday, January 9, 2016 12:55 PM
  • What problem are you solving? Normal status of netlogon in single workstation (isolated computer) is stopped. Default is set to Local System Account. Do not change these settings unless you are sure what you are doing.

For more information look into windows internals book(s) and perhaps some info is in Technet.

Regards

M.

How can I restore it to default value?

Saturday, January 9, 2016 2:54 PM
  • Hi,

The default setting for NetLogon service is same as your mentioned screenshot.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Allen_WangJF Friday, February 12, 2016 11:03 AM
    Monday, January 11, 2016 10:17 AM