none
What happened to IE 10 on FIM -> MIM upgrade? Now, no dialog window opens! RRS feed

• Question

• Hellos.

I successfully upgraded our FIM 2010 R2 setup to MIM 2106 Sp1 (build: 4.4.1302.0)

Everything went OK on Portal install/upgrade. However, when I wanted to check the version from About... on Home Page

Two things were odd.

1. The legend at Top Left still displayed Forefront Identity Manager.

2. When the About link is clicked, the pop-up dialog box just showed "Loading" and a green never ending circle.

These problems are not visible if I use the Mozilla Quantum browser.

After googling.

I managed to clear the cache of IE 10 with Internet Options/Safety delete browser history. Now I see Microsoft Identity Manager at Top Left. BUT I still am unable to open *ANY* dialog windows e.g. Users/Edit User

I am no IE guru. What setting(s) do I need to do/undo to get the MIM dialogs visible with my IE 10 ??

Monday, December 4, 2017 3:00 PM

All replies

• Harold,

IE10 is no longer supported, so I always upgrade the browser to IE11. Additionally, there are a load of Portal fixes in November's rollup (4.4.1749.0).

Regards,

Tom Houston, UK Identity Management Practice

• Proposed as answer by Thomas Houston Tuesday, December 5, 2017 7:22 PM
    Monday, December 4, 2017 7:56 PM
  • Well, that is a problem then.

The host Operating System is Windows Server 2102... which does not support IE 11 apparently.  I tried to download IE11 and could not find it for Win sever 2012.

Tuesday, December 5, 2017 7:10 AM