Reporting Services Point Role - Not installing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I installed SCCM 2012 R2 and SQL Server Standard 2012 with Reporting Services. SCCM is running in secure (HTTPS) mode for both MP and DP. I have also configured SQL Reporting Services WEB URL for HTTPS (443)

Now I'm trying to install the Reporting Service Point Role but it wont install.

If I check Monitoring --> Reporting --> Reports its blank. Reporting Services on SQL Server is working properly.

I have the following errors reported

"Site Component Manager failed to configure site system "

Site Component Manager failed to configure site system \\xxxx.xxx.xx to receive Configuration Manager Server Components.

Solution: Review the previous status messages to determine the exact reason for the failure. Site Component Manager cannot install any Configuration Manager Server Components on this site system until the site system is configured successfully. Site Component Manager will automatically retry this operation in 60 minutes. To force Site Component Manager to immediately retry this operation, stop and restart Site Component Manager using the Configuration Manager Service Manager.

" to receive Configuration Manager Server Components.

Solution: Review the previous status messages to determine the exact reason for the failure. Site Component Manager cannot install any Configuration Manager Server Components on this site system until the site system is configured successfully. Site Component Manager will automatically retry this operation in 60 minutes. To force Site Component Manager to immediately retry this operation, stop and restart Site Component Manager using the Configuration Manager Service Manager."

"Site Component Manager could not find an NTFS partition on site system \\xxxx.xxx.xx to hold the Configuration Manager Server Components' files.

Possible cause: The site system does not contain an NTFS partition.
    Solution: Using the Windows Disk Administrator, create an NTFS partition on the site system, or convert an existing FAT partition to NTFS.

Possible cause: The site system is not exporting the default drive letter shares, such as "\\xxxx.xxx.xx\C$", "\\xxxx.xxx.xx\D$", and so on.
    Solution: You might have disabled the default drive letter shares for security purposes. Configuration Manager requires these shares. Please re-enable these shares using the Windows Disk Administrator.

Possible cause: The site system is turned off, not connected to the network, or not functioning properly.
    Solution: Verify that the site system is turned on, connected to the network, and functioning properly.

Possible cause: Site Component Manager does not have sufficient access rights to remotely administer the site system.
    Solution: Verify that the accounts are properly configured to allow the site server to remotely administer the site system.

Possible cause: Network problems are preventing Site Component Manager from properly accessing the site system.
    Solution: Investigate and correct any problems on your network."

I'm a bit perplexed because the admin shares can be accessed on the servers. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 4:35 PM

All replies

• srsrpsetup.log / srsrpMSI.log

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 4:48 PM
  • srsrpsetup.log / srsrpMSI.log

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Hi,

These logs don't exist, its failing to even attempt installing.

"Site Component Manager detected that this component should be installed on this site system. Site Component Manager will attempt to install the component every 60 minutes until the installation succeeds."

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 4:56 PM
  • I'm also seeing these in SMS_HIERARCHY_MANAGER

Hierarchy Monitoring detected that the SQL Server xxxx.xxx.xx Service Broker certificate has missed or is expired, and failed to remediate with Error Failed to read SQL SSB certificate..

Any ideas why this is happening?

• Edited by PMLIO Wednesday, January 8, 2014 5:38 PM
    Wednesday, January 8, 2014 5:38 PM
  • I'm also seeing these in SMS_HIERARCHY_MANAGER

Hierarchy Monitoring detected that the SQL Server xxxx.xxx.xx Service Broker certificate has missed or is expired, and failed to remediate with Error Failed to read SQL SSB certificate..

Any ideas why this is happening?

I ran this query and looks like the cert is fine

"select s.name, c.name, c.start_date, c.expiry_date
     from sys.services s
     join sys.certificates c on s.principal_id = c.principal_id
     where c.pvt_key_encryption_type = 'MK'
      and c.is_active_for_begin_dialog = 1
      and GETUTCDATE() BETWEEN c.start_date AND c.expiry_date
      and s.service_id > 2;"

http://schemas.microsoft.com/SQL/ServiceBroker/ServiceBroker
    ConfigMgrEndpointCert
    2009-01-01 00:00:00.000
    2029-01-01 00:00:00.000

Why does it think my cert is near expired?

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 5:44 PM
  • Have thrown in the towel, after a number of clean installs it just keeps reporting the same errors.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 2:51 PM