Show only Remote Desktop RRS feed

• Question

• I am setting up some windows 7 pc's in our domain. What i want is to have the windows 7 machine to only show remote desktop or launch remote desktop at login. 

Is there away to either  just show remote desktop when users power on the pcs or when users login to the computer to only show remote desktop. I hope that makes sense. Let me know if you have any  more questions.

I posted this question in another forum but they suggested to pot here.

Also one suggestion was 

Use Group Policy to deploy an RDP file to all workstations and setup an alternate shell policy via the "User Configuration\System\Custom User Interface" policy option.

Is this the best way? So where would i get RDP File? I am pretty new at this.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011 7:38 PM

Answers

• I don't know if this is the BEST way, but here is now I am doing it currently.  After I deploy my thin image, I copy my RDC shortcut into the default user desktop THEN I add it do the domain.  All users that log in from there on will have the RD client open for them and will be prompted for their credentials.  If I set it up with them, I have it automatically save their credentials and thus it will automatically open from then on.

I am sure there is a better way of doing it but that's how I have it right now.

• Proposed as answer by Obujuwami Tuesday, November 22, 2011 5:03 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Obujuwami Tuesday, November 22, 2011 5:03 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Obujuwami Tuesday, November 22, 2011 5:04 PM
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Sunday, December 4, 2011 7:39 AM
    Tuesday, November 8, 2011 9:56 PM

All replies

• I don't know if this is the BEST way, but here is now I am doing it currently.  After I deploy my thin image, I copy my RDC shortcut into the default user desktop THEN I add it do the domain.  All users that log in from there on will have the RD client open for them and will be prompted for their credentials.  If I set it up with them, I have it automatically save their credentials and thus it will automatically open from then on.

I am sure there is a better way of doing it but that's how I have it right now.

• Proposed as answer by Obujuwami Tuesday, November 22, 2011 5:03 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Obujuwami Tuesday, November 22, 2011 5:03 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Obujuwami Tuesday, November 22, 2011 5:04 PM
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Sunday, December 4, 2011 7:39 AM
    Tuesday, November 8, 2011 9:56 PM
  • thanks for the response
    Wednesday, November 9, 2011 12:32 PM