XSLT manipulationn of list results RRS feed

• Question

• I have an xslt list view web part that is being filtered by 2 asp.net drop downs.  I want to take that result set  which has 4 columns (org, date, hours, Name).  This is a time tracking list. I am looking to manipulate the results to do a count of the hours per name.   I am having issues getting this to work correctly.  can someone point me in the right direction. I am not that a customed to working with xslt.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 7:09 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

I understand that you want to show the count of hours per name under the result set. Can you provide a screenshot to show your result set? Is Hours column a number column?

I assume that you are filtering  the web part using two drop downs and you want to show the count of hours under each Name column. If so ,you can group the web part by Name. Check to show group header. In this way ,the item count will show up behind the group header.

Find the code line  in code view .Change ‘ (<xsl:value-of select="$RowCount"/> )’ to (Hours:<xsl:value-of select="sum(@Hours)"/> ).Then the Hours count for the specific Name will show up(Make sure that the Hours column is number).

Thanks,

Entan Ming

Entan Ming

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 30, 2012 8:29 AM
  • Hi,

Have you solved the issue? Do you need any support now ?If you have any more quesition, please create a new post in this forum.

Thanks,

Entan Ming

Entan Ming

TechNet Community Support

Friday, September 7, 2012 2:21 AM