Windows 10 Mobile 10.0.10586.107 still buggy and unstable RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Lumia 925.  When it ran Windows 8, I constantly bragged to friends and associates about how responsive, solid, and stable my phone was. I frequently told people it was the best phone I'd ever had.

Then, Microsoft bought Nokia's mobile phone division.

When Windows 8.1 came out, I stopped bragging. I still liked my phone, but that feeling of using something solid and stable started slipping away.

Now that Windows 10 is out, I am acutely embarrassed when people notice I'm using a Windows Phone.  It's so bad, I'm barely surprised when things don't work.  In just the last few days:

• There was a phone number in an email. I tapped it because, silly me, I wanted to call that number. The screen goes black then snaps back.  The number is never dialed.
    • I wanted to reply to an email.  Silly me, I tapped the Reply button and composed my email.  Then, wait for it, I tapped Send.  The email chain shows two new entries, but the email is never sent.
    • My phone reboots all the time. 
    • Apps crash for no apparent reason.
    • Several times last night, I received an Amber alert during my configured quiet time.  Of what possible use is it to send an Amber alert to someone who is sleeping?
    • Sometimes, the phone struggles to return to the home page. It's amazing the vast number of invectives you can string together when you wait 20 seconds while the home page is "Resuming..."

So, I have one question, and only one question, for Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella:

Are you going to fix Windows 10 Mobile?

I've already heard his platitudes and statements of direction, and I don't believe him anymore.  I want a clear, unequivocal statement of support for this platform.  Since he has pitched them as flagship phones, I want him to use an off-the-shelf Lumia 950/XL as his primary phone every day.  Maybe he'll enjoy receiving Amber alerts at 3am.

Saturday, February 20, 2016 5:09 PM

All replies

• I purchased a Lumia 650 with windows 10 pre-installed and I have exactly the same problems
    Monday, February 29, 2016 7:51 PM