none
Unable to access intenet sites after KB2977629 loaded RRS feed

• Question

• I loaded the security updates of September and found that I could initially access my home page on IE but the second time I tried it hung up with the IE saying it was connecting but never getting through. Same problem with any other website. After reading about the updates and the mega update for IE I uninstalled KB2977629 and I was able to access my home site along with any other site with no problem. So I stopped automatic loading so I can prevent this update from being loaded automatically. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix?

64 bit HP Pavillion

Windows 8.1 (build 9600)

IE 11.0.9.600.17239  ( this is the current version, I could not access the "about" function when KB2977629 was installed)

Sunday, September 14, 2014 3:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

For this security update for Internet Explorer KB 2977629, please see:

MS14-052: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: September 9, 2014

Other than the home website, have you checked the other websites?

Before uninstall KB 2977629, have we tried the steps mentioned in the article below?

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

Besides, if we still receive the same symptom, we could contact connect. microsoft.com to give feedback:

https://connect.microsoft.com/directory/?keywords=IE

Best regards

Michael Shao
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, September 15, 2014 9:44 AM
  • Michael

No luck. I did everything you indicated but it didn't change anything.  Problem applies to all websites after working one time. No matter how many times I shut down IE or rebooted the computer

I submitted the problem to Microsoft and we will see what they come up with

Kriegspiel

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 10:19 PM
  • Hi Kriegspiel,

Thank you for the update.

We may uninstall that update for present, if I get some useful information regarding that update issue, I will update here.

Further, if any other questions, welcome to post in TechNet.

Best regards

Michael Shao
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, September 19, 2014 5:42 AM
  • kriegspiel, Have you checked to see if KB2919355 is installed? If it is not, install that update first, then reinstall KB2977629.

See prerequisites listed at http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/2977629

Blog / Twitter

Friday, October 10, 2014 8:13 PM