Exchange 2016 OWA Draft email issues RRS feed

• Question

• We have exchange server 2016 on 2012R2 server.  Certain, not all users are having issues sending some, not all, emails.  The emails will end up in draft folder and you cant touch it. The error is Something went wrong and we havent been able to send your message yet.  You cant delete the message, forward, reply, flag, or anything.  

If logging in via outlook, same user, you can go to drafts folder and send.  Then go back to OWA and it is empty.  However, starting back to emailing again will pile on the drafts folder again.  1 email to me can be in there and 5 others send.  i have no errors on the server to show a user is having issues.  i know 3 users thus far with this.  We even exported their email, disabled the email, re-created the email, imported the email, drafts were empty after import.  Users still have this issue.  Again, no issues with outlook, and not every user is affected, and not every email is affected.  Also yes we have tried multiple browsers.  

Any idea why this is happening?  and no after 2 days the emails are still stuck in drafts.  deleting them removes but refreshing they are back.

Saturday, January 28, 2017 12:48 AM

Answers

• So they state they dont know the issue but the following command within powershell stopped the users from having draft issues.

New-MoveRequest -Identity "emailadress@domain.com" -TargetDatabase "DBNAME" -BadItemLimit 999 –AcceptLargeDataLoss

To me, this sounds like MS should fix their ECP move.  I just dont see why someone would have to run this via PS when you can move a batch easier in ECP.  I dont feel that this is a "fix"... 

So wasted 500 bucks for them and hours of testing to move to a new DB which I had already done but cant use ECP because it doesnt work... Yea, great answer..

• Proposed as answer by David Wang_ Thursday, February 16, 2017 1:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by DannoUSMC Thursday, February 16, 2017 2:20 AM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2017 7:56 PM

All replies

• OK we have verified it is now more users.  Maybe global on OWA only
    Sunday, January 29, 2017 9:55 PM
  • Hi Danno,

It is the Frond end submission service that collects emails from Drafts folder and pushes it towards the Transport service and then routed to the destination

I would definetel check the service on all mailbox servers

Run get-queue and see the status for Submission queue > My guess would be the queue would be in suspended state > If yes then resume the queue 

Also you can monitor the queue by queue viewer. Any emails in Poisson queue .

Hope this helps

• Edited by Akabe Sunday, January 29, 2017 10:09 PM
    Sunday, January 29, 2017 10:08 PM

• MAIL\Submission            Undefined    Ready  0            0        Normal    0              Submission

0 messages in queue

Sunday, January 29, 2017 10:12 PM
  • Hmm.

Is this issue with external emails or internal or both?

What happens when we run test-mailflow command (See examples in the article)

For eg:- 

Test-Mailflow Mailbox1 -TargetMailboxServer Mailbox2

- https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa995894(v=exchg.160).aspx

Sunday, January 29, 2017 10:20 PM
  • Both.  And very random.  Not every email.  

RunspaceId         : fd839433-e126-4872-91d7-69e6e858c253
    TestMailflowResult : Success
    MessageLatencyTime : 00:00:01.3434903
    IsRemoteTest       : False
    Identity           :
    IsValid            : True
    ObjectState        : New

Sunday, January 29, 2017 10:42 PM
  • In the admin email OWA has 3 emails still in there from 1/26, 3 days ago.  but i can use outlook and they go out.  if i delete in owa, refresh brings them back every time
    Sunday, January 29, 2017 10:43 PM
  • Hmm not every email and random issue.

Try to move the affected users to another Database or store? Any corruption would be removed from user's mailbox. 

Also you can disable OWA set-casmailbox and later re-enable it 

The emails that are stuck in drafts folder > Do they have any attachments. Large file attachments may also cause this behaviour

Check the Attachment size and message size limit for the affected ones

Get-TransportConfig | ft MaxSendSize, MaxReceiveSize

Get-SendConnector | ft name, MaxMessageSize

Get-ReceiveConnector | ft name, MaxMessageSize

Get-mailbox | ft Name, MaxSendSize, MaxReceiveSize

• Edited by Akabe Monday, January 30, 2017 10:51 AM
    Monday, January 30, 2017 10:50 AM
  • I can create another DB for testing I guess.  I did disable the email for some of the users and then re-create but that didnt help. 

These users have to use OWA so disabling it wont be a good idea.  And no, attachments arent the issue.  Most of the emails are text only.   

i am working to see if it is everyone with the issue.  It is definitely OWA only.

Monday, January 30, 2017 1:07 PM
  • What if the affected users use OWA light version? If it works in Light mode then we would come to know the issue is with the rich feature of OWA

Anything that can found in OWA virtual directory get-owavirtualdirectory | fl TextMessagingEnabled

Monday, January 30, 2017 1:29 PM
  • light version i can delete the draft emails.  so that seems to work.  

TextMessagingEnabled : True

Monday, January 30, 2017 1:37 PM
  • That is interesting 

So it the rich OWA feature. Thinking what can prevent users from sending emails and would end up in Drafts folder

If you have alot of users affected perhaps recreating OWA virtual directory might do the trick 

Check below article. This might give you some hint:-

- https://thoughtsofanidlemind.com/2013/03/25/exchange-2013-dns-stuck-messages/

Monday, January 30, 2017 2:14 PM
  • yea i will check that.  I am still verifying it is all OWA users.  Heck it maybe every user but most use outlook. But, if it truly was the OWA VD, why is it only a couple emails and not all of them?
    Monday, January 30, 2017 8:04 PM
  • to answer that question we need to understand the trend. as u mentioned it is both internal and external emails. The submission service is not picking up the email from draft folder, this is what i can think of. But it is intermittent in your case 

Does you exch  (Outlook) use MAPI over HTTP virtual directory or RPC HTTP?

• Edited by Akabe Monday, January 30, 2017 8:13 PM
    Monday, January 30, 2017 8:12 PM
  • Every outlook user is outlook 2016 using outlook anywhere so i would imagine its MAPI
    Monday, January 30, 2017 8:14 PM
  • U can run test auto configuration from Outlook to see what is used 
    • Proposed as answer by Ali Peracha Saturday, February 4, 2017 9:33 AM
    Monday, January 30, 2017 8:16 PM
  • MAPI HTTP is what it is using
    Monday, January 30, 2017 8:24 PM
  • which brings me to another question:-

Is this issue within the corporate Internet or external ISP? Wireless or wired connection

Monday, January 30, 2017 8:26 PM
  • All wired thus far, havent tested wireless but wireless is on the corp net anyhow same subnet.  All users are local.  
    Monday, January 30, 2017 8:28 PM
  • Ok. What if the affected user og in to the mailbox or OWA from external network? Does email still get stuck in draft folder 

I am asking this bcz :-

MAPI HTTP enables supported clients to change networks or resume from hibernation while maintaining the same server context.

whenever you get time refer to that article that i had shared earlier. Probably that might give some clue 

Monday, January 30, 2017 8:41 PM
  • yes because i logged into the admin OWA from remote and had same issue.  i could not send/edit/delete the emails in the draft folder
    Monday, January 30, 2017 8:43 PM
  • wonderful lol:). So network issue is ruled out. Outlook issue is ruled out (Which is very rare). OWA issue but intermittent. Not sure if all the users are affected

I would pinpoint towards the VD's as it is an issue internally as well as externally.

The affected users and working ones? Are they on same database or different > What if we swap them (working on affected DB and Non working user on a working user's DB). This will clear the DB scenario.

Monday, January 30, 2017 8:48 PM
  • All users are on same DB.  only about 50 users.
    Monday, January 30, 2017 8:50 PM
  • So network issue is ruled out > Outlook issue is ruled out (Which is very rare) > OWA issue but intermittent > Not sure if all the users are affected > Not a DB issue > Not the Exchange transport service issue > Not the Submission queue issue.

Is there anything left... lol

what if during off business hours we reset IIS

• Edited by Akabe Monday, January 30, 2017 8:56 PM
    Monday, January 30, 2017 8:55 PM
  • Not sure if i understand this? "color:#333333;font-family:'Segoe UI', 'Lucida Grande', Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:14px;"

i can reset iis any time. i am the Admin after all :)

Monday, January 30, 2017 8:57 PM
  • I just edited my last reply. It was supposed to be a smiley. it got converted.

Lets try to reset iis and if there is a problem with VD's then we should be good to go

Monday, January 30, 2017 9:00 PM
  • i have restarted the mail server many times to no change but i will do this.
    Monday, January 30, 2017 9:01 PM
  • Hopefully this will help. This is an interesting one and we will get to the roots of it
    Monday, January 30, 2017 9:07 PM
  • same issue.  a user has 8 draft emails.  i logged in remotely as user, tried to delete/edit/etc, no good.

the only service not staying started is:

The Microsoft Exchange Notifications Broker service entered the stopped state.

• Proposed as answer by ChhengY Monday, May 20, 2019 12:20 PM
    Monday, January 30, 2017 9:07 PM
  • Whats the CU on 2016

Get-ExchangeServer | Format-List Name, Edition, AdminDisplayVersion

The latest version is CU4 BUILD NUMBER 15.01.0669.032

Monday, January 30, 2017 9:11 PM
  • it is 669.32, upgraded 4 weeks ago i think.  only 1 windows update since this happened which too has been removed.no patching, no network changes, or anything
    Monday, January 30, 2017 9:13 PM
  • Check below article i think you wil get the clue 

- https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/3177106/cumulative-update-4-for-exchange-server-2016

Monday, January 30, 2017 9:14 PM
  • was installed on 1/1/2017 from what i see
    Monday, January 30, 2017 9:17 PM
  • hmmm

Back to summary:-

So network issue is ruled out > Outlook issue is ruled out (Which is very rare) > OWA issue but intermittent > Not sure if all the users are affected > Not a DB issue > Not the Exchange transport service issue > Not the Submission queue issue > IISRESET does not help > Not a CU issue 

Any traces of event logs that would give some clue?

Check this article:-

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms.exch.scom.owa(v=exchg.150).aspx

Monday, January 30, 2017 9:20 PM
  • Monday, January 30, 2017 9:24 PM
  • All healthy. Do we rule out OWA VD's as well ? 

fyi,

Notifications Broker service stops after 30 seconds When you start your Exchange server, you might notice the Notifications Broker service start and then stop after approximately 30 seconds. If you attempt to start the service manually, it will successfully start and then stop, again after approximately 30 seconds. No errors or warnings are included in the Event log.
    This behavior is expected in on-premises deployments of Exchange 2016. The Notifications Broker service performs a configuration check on each time the server starts. If there is nothing for the Notifications Broker service to do, it stops automatically until the next time the server is restarted.

Monday, January 30, 2017 9:27 PM
  • thats the only error/stop on the system
    Monday, January 30, 2017 9:28 PM
  • Name                                    Server                                  OwaVersion
    ----                                    ------                                  ----------
    owa (Default Web Site)                  MAIL                                    Exchange2013
    Monday, January 30, 2017 9:29 PM
  • If you havent looked over the first article that i had shared. I hope this helps as i read more and more it points to be a DNS thing 

https://thoughtsofanidlemind.com/2013/03/25/exchange-2013-dns-stuck-messages/

Monday, January 30, 2017 9:36 PM
  • thats what i read too, bit no changes are made.  its 1 DC with all internal nics pointing to it (DNS).... each PC and mail resolves fine..
    Monday, January 30, 2017 9:38 PM
  • i changed the mail/ecp DNS to use external/internal from all to the hyper-v network adapter which has the internal DC DNS server.  Rebooted, we get some errors.  No errors leaving as default.  Same issue though.

There was an error setting up WacConfiguration. Wac will be disabled. The WacUrlHostName was invalid. Expected a valid Uri. Actual value was ''. Value read from 'OrganizationConfig'

Watson report about to be sent for process id: 5440, with parameters: E12IIS, c-RTL-AMD64, 15.01.0669.032, w3wp#MSExchangeOWAAppPool, M.E.C.Owa2.Server, M.E.C.O.S.C.OwaMapiNotificationManager.SubscribeToSuiteNotification, System.NotSupportedException, 726d, 15.01.0669.032.
    ErrorReportingEnabled: True 

Performance counter updating error. Counter name is Percentage of Failed Offline GLS Requests in Last Minute, category name is MSExchange Global Locator OfflineGLS Processes. Optional code: 3. Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: The requested Performance Counter is not a custom counter, it has to be initialized as ReadOnly.
       at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.InitializeImpl()
       at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.get_RawValue()
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Diagnostics.ExPerformanceCounter.set_RawValue(Int64 value)

Performance counter updating error. Counter name is Successful calls over last minute, category name is MSExchange Global Locator Processes. Optional code: 3. Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: The requested Performance Counter is not a custom counter, it has to be initialized as ReadOnly.
       at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.InitializeImpl()
       at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.get_RawValue()
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Diagnostics.ExPerformanceCounter.set_RawValue(Int64 value)

The Microsoft Exchange Health Manager service hung on starting.

The Microsoft Exchange Diagnostics service hung on starting.

Monday, January 30, 2017 9:53 PM
  • I wil think abt this unique issue. will follow up if i get something 
    Monday, January 30, 2017 9:54 PM
  • I did not see that coming.

You mean to say external dns (8.8.8.8)

Monday, January 30, 2017 10:01 PM
  • i can put in external DNS if needed but we are forwarding in DNS server to ISP and google.
    Monday, January 30, 2017 10:03 PM
  • If you do that then we would be clear on DNS issue though. What about a non domain joined machine
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 8:48 AM
  • it didnt work, and my office PC is not on their domain.
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 1:47 PM
  • Thank you Danno for the update

It has to be VD's now. based on above testing and below summary 

network issue is ruled out > Outlook issue is ruled out (Which is very rare) > OWA issue but intermittent > Not sure if all the users are affected > Not a DB issue > Not the Exchange transport service issue > Not the Submission queue issue > IISRESET does not help > Not a CU issue > Not a DNS issue > Not a domain/non domain joined machine issue

Recreating VD is my last guess 

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 1:50 PM
  • the OWA VD?
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 2:04 PM
  • yupppp. 

That is the last step i believe unless someone else has any other suggestions

• Edited by Akabe Tuesday, January 31, 2017 2:07 PM
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 2:06 PM
  • okay i may do that during lunch...
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 2:25 PM
  • Good luck Danno. 

I hope this fixes it. Have a good one. 

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 2:35 PM
  • client gave me permission to do it.  rebuilt, same issue.  users still have draft emails that wont go away.
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 2:44 PM
  • After rebuild i hope u did execute IISRESET. Did user sign out from OWA and re-signin

If recreating OWA VD did not fix it then i am lost for words

• Edited by Akabe Tuesday, January 31, 2017 2:47 PM
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 2:46 PM
  • getting a ton of eventid 106 now in app logs, performance counters
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 2:46 PM
  • iisreset /noforce and yes, thats kicks everyone out.
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 2:47 PM
  • outlook has 0 drafts...

But owa has drafts... same user.. never seen anything like this before

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 3:07 PM
  • Well lets regroup

Do we have any working user at all. If yes we could compare Get-mailbox, Get-user outputs

Could you share teh outputs for below attributes for affected and a working user?

msExchRecipientTypeDetails

msExchRecipientDisplayType

msExchRemoteRecipientType

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 3:10 PM
  • Actually, i found 1 that didnt have drafts but that doesnt mean anything since they hardly send emails.  i check 14 accounts, 13 heavy users all had drafts that wont send.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 3:30 PM
  • so i created new DB and moved most of the users.  so far i have checked 8 and all drafts have disappeared except 1 user.  it had 18 drafts, 16 left, 2 stayed...
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 4:07 PM
  • Ok.

1. What if we are missing basic step. I know we have tried different computers. Did we try different browsers? What if the browser that users are using do not support exch 2016. Because OWA light version does work

- https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff728623(v=exchg.150).aspx

2. Please do share the values of below attribute from Attribute editor AD. This will help to get more ideas. 

msExchRecipientTypeDetails

msExchRecipientDisplayType

msExchRemoteRecipientType

3. Last but not the least please check below attribute (share with us) in AD:-

protocolSettings

The values should be 

HTTP§1§1§§§§§§

OWA§1

• Edited by Akabe Tuesday, January 31, 2017 4:16 PM
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 4:10 PM
  • so i created new DB and moved most of the users.  so far i have checked 8 and all drafts have disappeared except 1 user.  it had 18 drafts, 16 left, 2 stayed...

Are these virtual servers? These issues are generally one of 3 things:

1. 3rd party products installed on Exchange ( anti-virus/disclaimer)

2. Disk space issues ( either on guest or host if virtual)

3. AD issues, unable to consistently talk to a DC.

When did this issue start? What changed?

Blog:    Twitter:   

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 5:51 PM
  • all browsers as stated in the main question.  So far after moving all cleared except 1 user, but that doesnt mean anything since we still have 1, we may have more

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 5:52 PM
  • yes exch2016 is a VM

343GB free

no issues with AD in event or any other issues

applied latest CU 1/1/17, issues started about a week ago.  ALL owa users only.  

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 5:54 PM
  • everything comes back as healthy except this
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 6:24 PM
  • So new Database did the trick for majority of the users. Good to know

Did you create a new DB on a new mailbox server or existing mbx server?

The health components are fine 

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 7:25 PM
  • We think it did the trick for all but one, we wont know until they start massive emailing again.  Same server.  Now i am showing 3 unhealthy since the migration.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 7:30 PM
  • Was there any Local over ride performed on the MBX server before or after CU upgrade

In IIS Manager, click Application Pools, and then recycle the MSExchangeOWAAppPool application pool by running the following command from the Exchange Management Shell:

%SystemRoot%\System32\inetsrv\Appcmd recycle MSExchangeOWAAppPool

Article:-

- https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms.exch.scom.owa.protocol%28v=exchg.150%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Just a mere suggestion

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 8:13 PM
  • yes exch2016 is a VM

343GB free

no issues with AD in event or any other issues

applied latest CU 1/1/17, issues started about a week ago.  ALL owa users only.  

So nothing changed on the host or guest side? Or in AD? Can you move the guest to another host?

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 10:22 PM
  • Nothing changed.  only 1 IE security update and that was uninstalled "just because".  No we cant move the host to another server they are already maxed out.  These servers are only 8 months old and the resources are very light.  its a dealership.  
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 10:43 PM
  • Nothing changed.  only 1 IE security update and that was uninstalled "just because".  No we cant move the host to another server they are already maxed out.  These servers are only 8 months old and the resources are very light.  its a dealership.  

and no 3rd party software installed?

And that 300GB free, is that on the system drive? How much is free there?

The virtual guests configured correctly as far as memory and storage? (iow they have complete access to the actual memory and storage they need)

What are the specs of the guests? Did you run them through the mailbox calculator?

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 11:37 AM
  • All is configured fine.  300GB free on the VM but I can increase to 2TB if needed.  The issue is back fully.  I have created new DB's, migrated to another server, same issues.  So now it is back to everyone having same issue.
    Friday, February 3, 2017 2:06 AM
  • All is configured fine.  300GB free on the VM but I can increase to 2TB if needed.  The issue is back fully.  I have created new DB's, migrated to another server, same issues.  So now it is back to everyone having same issue.

And what about 3rd party software?

Where is the 300GB avail? On the system drive where the transport drives are?

If you cant figure this out, I would open a ticket with Microsoft Support.

Friday, February 3, 2017 12:38 PM
  • You can try to recycle MSExchangeOWAAppPool. MS will do the same step else you can create a ticket with MS as suggested by Andy 
    Friday, February 3, 2017 12:40 PM
  • already been tried.  i will just open a ticket with MS
    Friday, February 3, 2017 3:39 PM
  • 3rd party software is Webroot, thats it.  this is the same as all clients with many exchange servers
    Friday, February 3, 2017 3:40 PM
  • 3rd party software is Webroot, thats it.  this is the same as all clients with many exchange servers

webroot is installed on the Exchange Server? Is it Exchange aware or a flat file anti-malware program?

If flat file ensure its excluding the exch dirs. and processes

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb332342(v=exchg.150).aspx

Friday, February 3, 2017 3:54 PM
  • Its webroot corporate which is on every single exchange 2013 and 2016 server we run, about 40.  Never had issue before this.  i can disable it but doubt that it is.  If it was, it would block everything not just a couple emails..
    Friday, February 3, 2017 4:04 PM
  • Its webroot corporate which is on every single exchange 2013 and 2016 server we run, about 40.  Never had issue before this.  i can disable it but doubt that it is.  If it was, it would block everything not just a couple emails..
    Its important that you ensure those dirs. and processes are excluded regardless however. I would at least verify that on the server having issues. Microsoft Support will require that or its removal at some point if they cant figure it out.

Friday, February 3, 2017 4:19 PM
  • i removed it, but still same issue.
    Friday, February 3, 2017 4:32 PM
  • How about the issue after opening a ticket with Microsoft?

If you get the solution, we will appreciate you to share back the solution. It would be very helpful for other community members.

Best Regards,
    David Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by David Wang_ Thursday, February 9, 2017 2:35 AM
    Wednesday, February 8, 2017 7:56 AM
  • they are still trying to figure it out.  For some reason they want to repeat all the same steps we are tried.
    Wednesday, February 8, 2017 2:16 PM
  • Good luck Danno. We hope you get the answer to this riddle. It would be an interesting answer to get though

Just show them this forum and they will understand and start doing something new :)

Have a good one 

• Edited by Akabe Wednesday, February 8, 2017 2:18 PM
    Wednesday, February 8, 2017 2:17 PM
  • Hello Danno,

I am not sure if you have received an answer from MS on this 

But i just wanted to share one step

get-TransportService | fl *dns*

You can try running below command and see if this helps 

Set-TransportService -ExternalDNSAdapterEnabled $true -ExternalDNSServers $null

Restart transport service after running above command 

The ExternalDNSAdapterEnabled parameter specifies one or more Domain Name System (DNS) servers that Exchange uses for external DNS lookups. When the ExternalDNSAdapterEnabled parameter is set to $true, DNS lookups of destinations outside the Exchange organization are performed by using the DNS settings of the external network adapter specified by the value of the ExternalDNSAdapterGuid parameter. If you want to specify a custom list of DNS servers used for external Exchange DNS lookups only, you must specify the DNS servers by using the ExternalDNSServers parameter, and you must also set the value of the ExternalDNSAdapterEnabled parameter to $false. The default value of the ExternalDNSAdapterEnabled parameter is $true.

The ExternalDNSServers parameter specifies the list of external DNS servers that the server queries when resolving a remote domain. DNS servers are specified by IP address. The default value is an empty list ({}).

• Proposed as answer by Ahmad Salem Tuesday, September 12, 2017 11:08 PM
    Monday, February 13, 2017 11:19 AM
  • So far we have tested 3 accounts and not had this return.  All the tech did was move the mailboxes to a different DB using PS with something like a -999 command.  I moved all the mailboxes to their new DB via the ECP.  So if that was the issue, then MS needs to fix their move commands via ECP....
    Monday, February 13, 2017 1:48 PM
  • That is strange 

Via ECP as well (Back end), it will run the power-shell command to move the mailbox to a different DB 

Mailbox move seems to be a hit and trail method. So whats wrong with the existing DB? Did MS confirm anything 

• Edited by Akabe Monday, February 13, 2017 1:53 PM
    Monday, February 13, 2017 1:52 PM
  • yes but they said it doesnt use the error count rule?  i dont have all the details of that since case is still open but I think it will be crap if i have to pay 500 bucks to fix something that i already tried and just because ECP move isnt as "good" as a PS move is ridiculous.
    Monday, February 13, 2017 1:53 PM
  • and plus the ECP move showed 0 errors... so very confusing..
    Monday, February 13, 2017 1:56 PM
  • I echo your concern. 

I dont know what they mean by error count rule- If its baditemcount (Dont think that has anything to do with this issue). SkipMoving is another parameter

Just a mere suggestion:- I wouldn't let them close the case until they confirm what exactly is wrong with this affected DB

Have a good one 

• Edited by Akabe Monday, February 13, 2017 2:03 PM
    Monday, February 13, 2017 2:01 PM
  • So they state they dont know the issue but the following command within powershell stopped the users from having draft issues.

New-MoveRequest -Identity "emailadress@domain.com" -TargetDatabase "DBNAME" -BadItemLimit 999 –AcceptLargeDataLoss

To me, this sounds like MS should fix their ECP move.  I just dont see why someone would have to run this via PS when you can move a batch easier in ECP.  I dont feel that this is a "fix"... 

So wasted 500 bucks for them and hours of testing to move to a new DB which I had already done but cant use ECP because it doesnt work... Yea, great answer..

• Proposed as answer by David Wang_ Thursday, February 16, 2017 1:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by DannoUSMC Thursday, February 16, 2017 2:20 AM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2017 7:56 PM
  • Great to hear that.

please also mark your reply as answer so that someone who has similar issue could find the solution as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
    David Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 16, 2017 1:34 AM