workflow notification trigger RRS feed

• Question

• when i click on add new item in the list and save the field details then i need to trigger the email notification to the sender and it should be further assigned to corresponding reviewers for the approval.please help me with the approach

Blitz

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 11:35 AM

Answers

• Hi 

You can write an workflow to send email immediately after item is saved.

Workflow settings to trigger after save of item,

Workflow to send email,

Thanks

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 12:02 PM
  • Hi sree,

After send email notification, could start a Approval Process on current item and Assign Approver in Participants:

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, April 4, 2019 4:43 AM

All replies

• Hi 

You can write an workflow to send email immediately after item is saved.

Workflow settings to trigger after save of item,

Workflow to send email,

Thanks

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 12:02 PM
  • Thank you.

Further in the same workflow we need to specify the list of reviewers for approving it and let me know the conditions since i am not familiar with workflow designer.

Blitz

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 12:11 PM
  • Hi sree,

After send email notification, could start a Approval Process on current item and Assign Approver in Participants:

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, April 4, 2019 4:43 AM
  • Hi sree,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

You can mark the helpful post as answer to help other community members find the helpful information quickly.

Thanks

Best Regards

Friday, April 5, 2019 6:27 AM
  • Hi ,

I have query that if we are changing the workflow for some reason in regards to column then it would affect the existing items or it would be updating the latest items.

Also i have some user name in the list and that user no longer in AD and if we need to replace some other user in the list items then whats the approach?

Blitz

Monday, April 8, 2019 1:58 PM