none
Oracle 10G/11G Client Install - MDT 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Everybody,

I know there are some old posts about this as well but I don't see anyway having the same issue that I am.  Here is what I'm seeing...

1. The Oracle client is loaded into MDT with a verified command line as an application w/ source files.

2. Once the installer starts, several processes are started but due to the nature of this app, the original process started by calling the setup file (which is really the Oracle Universal Installer) ends after a couple of seconds as several other files are unzipped and the actual Oracle client installer starts.

Has anyone actually been able to halt MDT until this entire installation ends?

Thanks,

Paul G.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 1:39 PM

All replies

• For situations like this I usually build a installation script and then add a wait command. Nearly all my apps are installed using wsf scripts so that I can add logging, use MDT variables and other things like that. Then I'd add a sleep command to make the script wait if needed. As far as MDT is concerned the script hasn't finished running.

Example 60 second wait timer:

WScript.Sleep(60000)

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 2:05 PM
  • If you know the other processes that get launched you could add logic that waits for all of them to be done before moving on.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 5:37 PM
  • Yeah I think the Oracle client is pretty notorious for blooming out into 50 other processes once started.  The sleep method is usually dirty and can break unexpectedly, PS can watch for processes pretty easily otherwise if there's a registry key that can be evaluated as saying the installs successful, that works too.  If things really get rough LTISuspend.wsf is a good tool to help as well.
    Wednesday, July 22, 2015 6:13 PM
  • Try to install Oracle 11, with this commandline:

setup.exe -ignorePrereq -nowait -nowelcome -force -waitforcompletion -silent
    Most important is the "-waitforcompletion" option, because it will keep your tasksequence in order.

Monday, July 27, 2015 2:34 PM