Outlook 2019 opens as Outlook 365 RRS feed

• Question

• After trialing Office 365 I decided to purchase Office 2019 instead.  Outlook continued to open as Outlook 365 while all ohter Office applications correctly open as 2019.

I kept getting warnings that I would have to renew my Office 365 subscription to continue using Outlook, but the 31 day trial period has now ended and Outlook still seems to be working but under the guise of Outlook 365, not Outlook 2019.

If I open "File\Office Account" on Outlook it shows that it is activated as Office Professional Plus 2019.

How can I get it to open correctly?

Saturday, November 9, 2019 4:48 AM

Answers

• Hi gbr41,

Do you mean when opening Outlook, it shows as Office 365?

Do you uninstall Office 365 and then install Office 2019 from the Microsoft Website?

What's the product information of Office 2019? How do you purchase Office 2019? As part of Office 365?

We can run 'cscript ospp.vbs /dstatus' command to check Office activation status:

Example:

cd C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16> cscript .\OSPP.VBS /dstatus

It could be that you haven't uninstalled Office 365 completely. I'd like to recommend you completely uninstall Office with the uninstall support tool and reinstall Office 2019 to check the results.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, November 11, 2019 2:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by gbr41 Monday, November 11, 2019 11:52 PM
    Monday, November 11, 2019 2:38 AM

All replies

• Further action. 

Uninstalled Office and reinstalled. After going through the hassle of contacting Microsoft Activation Centre I got a new activation code and was able to activate Office. The "Office Account" is shown as Office Professional Plus 2019 but all Office applications open as Öffice 365. My account shows that my subscription (for Office 365 - which I never activated) has expired.  However, all applications seem to be working correctly.

Weird!

Sunday, November 10, 2019 2:24 AM
  • Hi gbr41,

Do you mean when opening Outlook, it shows as Office 365?

Do you uninstall Office 365 and then install Office 2019 from the Microsoft Website?

What's the product information of Office 2019? How do you purchase Office 2019? As part of Office 365?

We can run 'cscript ospp.vbs /dstatus' command to check Office activation status:

Example:

cd C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16> cscript .\OSPP.VBS /dstatus

It could be that you haven't uninstalled Office 365 completely. I'd like to recommend you completely uninstall Office with the uninstall support tool and reinstall Office 2019 to check the results.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, November 11, 2019 2:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by gbr41 Monday, November 11, 2019 11:52 PM
    Monday, November 11, 2019 2:38 AM
  • I used the uninstall support tool and even reset the computer to factory settings and started again. Tried to delete all reference to Office 365 and just install the Office 2019 package. After the new installation I activated with the activation code obtained with the purchased copy of Office 2019.  My Office Account states that the package is activated as Office Professional Plus 2019 but all applications continue to open as Office 365.

Despite warning notices that my Office 365 subscription (which I never activated) has expired and that I will need to re-subscribe to be able to use it, all applications seem to be working OK, other than showing Office 365 instead of Office 2019.

Perhaps i will just ignore it??

Monday, November 11, 2019 6:23 AM
  • Thanks for the help Perry.  I have subsequently found that this situation seems to be related to Windows 10 Home Edition.  Even though the Office applications open as Office 365, they are actually running as Office 2019.

I consider this as a closed query and will just ignore the Office 365 opening screen.

Monday, November 11, 2019 11:52 PM
  • Thanks for your update here. If you have other questions about Outlook client, please feel free to ask in this forum :)

• Edited by Perry-Pan Tuesday, November 12, 2019 1:12 AM
    Tuesday, November 12, 2019 1:12 AM