APPV , System center application virtualiZation sequencer instalation failed RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

Im trying to deploy APPV (2009 R2)on a Windows 2003 R2 64 bit server,i have checked the prerequisites for the installation namely .net framework 2 or more,IIS,SQL server 2005 sp 3,MDAC 2.7 or later,Domain controller. i managed to install streaming server 4.5 SP1 and application virtualization management server 4.5 SP1 succesfully but i cannot install Application Virtualization sequencer 4.5 SP1 and it givees an error sayig visual C++ 2005 SP1 redistributable package(x86) was unable to get installed,then i manually downloaded the file and installed it but still the error persists,it asks to continue instaltion without the C++ thing but soon it fails saying prerequisite wich is C++ redistributable thing is missing and cant install.any solution on how i can install that prerequisite?

thanks for your time.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010 6:11 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I would not install Server and Sequencer on the same server. Try a different machine with the corresponding version (x86/x64).

/Znack

• Marked as answer by krishantha Tuesday, December 7, 2010 5:17 AM
    Tuesday, April 6, 2010 6:54 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I would not install Server and Sequencer on the same server. Try a different machine with the corresponding version (x86/x64).

/Znack

• Marked as answer by krishantha Tuesday, December 7, 2010 5:17 AM
    Tuesday, April 6, 2010 6:54 AM
  • I'd agree with Znack that you probably don't want to do that.  The reasons are that to use the sequencer, you will be restoring the OS image each time you want to sequence an app,  plus you don't want any components and dlls installed that won't be on any client running the app.

That aside, installing the sequencer using the setup.exe will take care of any pre-reqs.

• Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, April 6, 2010 8:19 PM
    Tuesday, April 6, 2010 2:52 PM
  • hello,

Im trying to deploy APPV (2009 R2)on a Windows 2003 R2 64 bit server

Does that mean you are using MDOP 2009 R2 for installation? The App-V version included there is 4.5 SP1, that actually does not support 64bit Client and Sequencer installation.

You should download MDOP 2010 or MDOP 2010 Refresh to get App-V 4.6. TYou should be able to install that Sequencer adn Client on x64 machines.

Furthermore I second Znack and Tim: Don't install the Sequencer along with other App-V components, because it gets reverted after each Sequencing.

Also, installing the Streaming Server on a machine that has the Management Server already installed usually destroys (silently) the Management Server installation. That won't work.

I recommend starting with the App-v Trial Guide or a Training that is linked at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/appvirtualization/cc843994.aspx

Falko
    Wednesday, April 7, 2010 3:37 PM
  • hello guys,

sorry for the late reply....yes i agree to all of you and im going to try MDOP 2010 infact..thank you so much for the answers..

• Proposed as answer by znack Wednesday, May 12, 2010 5:47 AM
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 4:37 AM