Dell Optiplex GX520 RRS feed

• Question

• When I press the eject button on the DVD +- RW (HL-DT-ST DVD +-RW GSA-H21N ATA Device) the system reboots. 

Event log reports the following, 0x18_BADMEMREF_DLAIFS_M+c03, type 0. 

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 3:31 PM

Answers

• Doesnt sound like a Vista issue, the driver for your DVD player needs to be updated, it is very possible it is not out yet, keep checking the dell website to see if they released anything.

Andre Rivera

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 10:13 PM

All replies

• Doesnt sound like a Vista issue, the driver for your DVD player needs to be updated, it is very possible it is not out yet, keep checking the dell website to see if they released anything.

Andre Rivera

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 10:13 PM
  • What is really interesting is the fact that when there is nothing in the drive, it opens fine.  If I insert a data DVD and then eject it, it reboots.  I am going to try a cd and a DVD movie next.  Chuck
    Friday, September 15, 2006 8:06 PM
  • Tried a data CD.  Ejected the disc and reboot city!  I don't have a video DVD at work.  I'll bring one in Monday.
    Friday, September 15, 2006 8:10 PM
  • Nevermind.  I downloaded a firmware update from Dell and it appears to be working.  Original Firmware was A105.  I upgraded to A106 and it doesn't reboot when opening drive with media inserted. 

I read in a post somewhere that a user was having problems with the A106 firmware, so i will need to test.  Chuck

Friday, September 15, 2006 8:29 PM