Cannot pick enhanced client app as initial portal application?? RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to publish an application for a customer as an enhanced client application. It seems that the UAG will not allow me to set any application that comes from the "Client/Server" template category. Is this a bug or is this by design? Does any one know? This is really annoying. 
    Monday, June 21, 2010 7:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Bryan,

Maybe it will be less annoying if you think about it this way: when setting up the “initial application” of a trunk, you’re actually telling UAG which HTML page to display after successful logon to the trunk. However, the “Client/Server” category of apps do not have any HTML page to display, do they (unless you’re using this template to tunnel a web app)? So what would UAG display in such a case?

This is why you cannot set “Client/Server” apps as the initial app.

You can however have these apps launch automatically, immediately after trunk logon.

Regards,

-Ran

• Proposed as answer by Ran [MSFT] Tuesday, June 22, 2010 8:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Tuesday, June 29, 2010 8:26 PM
    Monday, June 21, 2010 7:57 PM

All replies

• To clarify, it seems that the UAG will not let me set anything from the client/server template category to the INITIAL APPLICATION for the portal. Sorry, left that part out. 
    Monday, June 21, 2010 7:53 PM
  • Hi Bryan,

Maybe it will be less annoying if you think about it this way: when setting up the “initial application” of a trunk, you’re actually telling UAG which HTML page to display after successful logon to the trunk. However, the “Client/Server” category of apps do not have any HTML page to display, do they (unless you’re using this template to tunnel a web app)? So what would UAG display in such a case?

This is why you cannot set “Client/Server” apps as the initial app.

You can however have these apps launch automatically, immediately after trunk logon.

Regards,

-Ran

• Proposed as answer by Ran [MSFT] Tuesday, June 22, 2010 8:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Tuesday, June 29, 2010 8:26 PM
    Monday, June 21, 2010 7:57 PM
  • Thanks Ran, it's actually a lot less annoying when we know WHY things work the way that they work. I appreciate the clarification. 
    Monday, June 21, 2010 8:09 PM