none
554 5.2.0 STOREDRV.Deliver.Exception:ObjectNotFoundException.MapiExceptionNotFound; Failed to process message due to a permanent exception with message Cannot get ID from name.

Question

• Hi Guys,

I encounter weird thing. One user cannot receive email from some other colleagues.

The NDR error is: '554 5.2.0 STOREDRV.Deliver.Exception:ObjectNotFoundException.MapiExceptionNotFound; Failed to process message due to a permanent exception with message Cannot get ID from name. 

I cannot find similar error on the forum.

Any suggestions is appreciated.

Thank you.

Friday, August 25, 2017 11:36 AM

All replies

• Mostly this is due to size of the message or mailbox quota. Is everyone in your org getting the same NDR or only few users? Check mailbox quota for the affected user.
    Friday, August 25, 2017 11:46 AM
  • Hi Raj, so far, only one user affected. The user's quota was full, but then did some Archive to free up some space. The user got plenty of space now. But the error is still there.

Saturday, August 26, 2017 10:26 AM
  • Can you also make sure that clutter is set to false?

Get-Mailbox user@yourdomain.com | Set-Clutter -Enable $false

Saturday, August 26, 2017 1:08 PM
  • Hi Raj,

Did that already and sadly, set-clutter command is not available in Exchange 2013.

Will try to disable/enable user mailbox later today and see if it works.

My last resort will be to delete user account and recreate a new one.

Monday, August 28, 2017 2:19 AM
  • Hi Andre,

I met a similar case before, it was solved by disabling and reconnecting the mailbox back. Please have a try and if  have any questions or needed further help, feel free to post back.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 28, 2017 7:01 AM
  • I did that and didn't work.

I tried to recreate user's mailbox (remove from AD and create new one, then enable new mailbox for user). Now, we received NDR "The email address you entered couldn't be found. Please check the recipient's email address and try to resend the message"

'550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found'

Not sure what to do next

Monday, August 28, 2017 9:27 AM
  • Hi Andre,

This could be a outlook cache issue, you can remove this user's email address from auto-completed list in outlook, and then type the entire user's email address manually to check again.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 2:44 AM
  • Hi Niko,

I did that and at first, it worked. After few times, NDR error happened again. 

At the end, I created new username for the user.

Friday, September 8, 2017 10:01 AM