Knowledge Articles - Can you specify the ordering RRS feed

• Question

• Request and service Offerings order in alphabetical order but the Knowledge Articles do not. i know there is code to force the Request and Servie offerings to alphabeticle but can you do the same for Knowledge Articles?

I have looked into the cshtml file for Knowledge Articles but the code dosent appear the same way for listing as the Requset and service Offerings.

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 3:36 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Based on my research, KA's are displayed on the Self-Service Portal according to the Star rating on the KA. The higher the Star rating, the higher up the list the KA will appear on the Self-Service Portal.

Star ratings are averaged. If you enter a rating, and then you or someone else enters another rating, the final rating for the KA is the average of the two ratings along with any previous ratings that had been entered. (The ratings history can be inspected on the Feedback tab of the KA form.)

If two or more KA's share the same Star rating, they will be displayed in the order in which the SQL Server database returns them.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 5:10 AM
  • Hi Yan, I set an article to 5 stars where the others had none but this did not change the knowledge article order in the offering. Changing the star rating only appears to adjust the ordering of the knowledge articles in the help articles location. I'm looking to sort the ordering of KA's in the offering. They appear in some random order.
    Thursday, April 7, 2016 7:48 PM