none
I know my Admin password but after some update, Win 10 starts to ask by the smartcard that I DO NOT HAVE!!! RRS feed

• Question

• I know my Admin password but after some update, the Win 10 starts to ask by the smartcard that I do not have in my laptop.

I can access the OS only through the USB device by the CMD. But I didn't find any abnormally situation. I ran the antivirus for searching by some unwanted app, but I have no idea what is happening. Any help or tip to solve this issue?

Thanks a lot. 

Thursday, April 14, 2016 12:54 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello

On the Start Menu, type "services.msc" and open the Services desktop app that shows up. Scroll down to Smart Card service, double click on it to bring up the properties, and change the startup type to Manual. Then do the same for the Smart Card Device Enumerator service.

Regards, Regin Ravi

Thursday, April 14, 2016 1:13 PM
  • Hi,

There is no doubt that you are an experienced engineer, because you could enter system, thing will be simpler.

Since you don’t use Smart card, we could disable Smart Card Plug and Play Service, meanwhile, disable Force Smart Card Login.

Please check this link below for assistance, be careful while working in the registry. Make sure you create a backup of Registry before you proceed.

http://www.hawkdive.com/2015/11/disable-force-smart-card-login.html

Besides, from our experience, some NVIDIA users meet with similar situation like you, they solved their problem by enabling “Run this program as an administrator” option on the GFExperience.exe and LaunchGFExperience.exe files, if you also use NVIDA product, please have a try.

This is the case they talks about Windows 10 Smartcard removal.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-10-smartcard-removal/5072cbb5-dcd2-476d-9797-ac495c73f831

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 15, 2016 3:13 AM