Outlook 2007 won't auto refresh the internet calendar RRS feed

• Question

• HI, 

I subscribed a web ical with the instruction (File > Account Settings and then the Internet Calendars Tab, then click New and enter the path)

for outlook 2007:

the new calendar could display all the events correctly after set up, but it won't update the new event anymore automatically. even I close and re-open the outlook, it still not update, the last update time is the time when set up this calendar. 

for outlook 2010, i tested, it can auto update the internet calendar when open the outlook everytime.

is this the problem with outlook 2007?

(I don't want user to press F9 to refresh everytime) 

and i also tried to add X-PUBLISHED-TT property in the iCal file and it seems not working also

Please help ! Thanks !

Thursday, February 13, 2014 3:36 AM

Answers

All replies

• Go into the Send/Receive Groups dialog and check the schedule settings for each of the groups.  Also click the Edit... button for each group and check to verify that Internet Calendars are enabled so that the schedule settings apply to it.

Eric Legault (MVP: Outlook; About me)
    Outlook Appins: Store social media fields in your Outlook Contacts!
    Co-author, Microsoft Office 2013 Professional Step-By-Step

Thursday, February 13, 2014 4:22 AM
  • Hi Eric, 

Thanks for your information, I tried both 'Schedule an automatic send/receive every 10 mins' and 'Perform an automatic send/receive when exiting', but not working 

only press F9 then work 

Regards

Thursday, February 13, 2014 5:40 AM
  • Hi Clark, 

I tested... not working ORZ

Thursday, February 13, 2014 6:27 AM
  • Hi,

If Outlook is in Safe Mode, does it work then?

Press Win + R and type “outlook.exe /safe” in the blank box, then press Enter.

If there’s no problem in Safe Mode, disable the suspicious add-ins to verify which add-ins caused this issue.

Please also disable the firewall and anti-virus program to test.

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, February 14, 2014 5:04 AM