UAP is blocking my ASP application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an ASP (not an ASP.NET) application accessing Sql Server 2005 database installed in Vista Beta 2 (Build : 5384). I am unable to access my application in server. UAP is blocking my application. I dont want to change system level UAP configuration using msconfig or secpol.msc.
    Can any one suggest me some idea to change application level UAP configuration, so that I can access by ASP application.

Thanks in Advance.

-John-

Thursday, July 6, 2006 12:57 PM

Answers

• Than say to me that the application need to be revised to work with the new security models of Vista.

There will be a bunch of application that will need to be upgraded as we all move to the addition security built in to Vista and IE7

Friday, July 14, 2006 1:13 PM

All replies

• you could try run as for you application

Thursday, July 6, 2006 3:26 PM
  • I tired to do 'run as', but it is available only for executables. Since I am running my application in browser, I can't do that.
    Friday, July 7, 2006 4:11 AM
  • Please see http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=536572&SiteID=17

This is a problem with IE7 and new security model you many need you developer to  revise your app due to security changes

Saturday, July 8, 2006 5:33 AM

• Hi,

Thanks for your response.

My ASP application is accessing data from Sql Server 2005 database (It is just .asp pages in the inetpub directory). When I log in as Administrator, my application is working fine.
    I added my domain account (domain\john) in the Administrators group and I logged  in as domain\john. When I access my application in the server, it is giving me the following error. (But, I can able to access my application in the client.)

Microsoft SQL Native Client error '80004005'
    SQL Network Interfaces: Error Locating Server/Instance Specified [xFFFFFFFF].

When I disable UAP, it is working fine in server and client irrespective of the logged in account (either administrator or domain\john)

-John-

Monday, July 10, 2006 6:10 AM
  • Than say to me that the application need to be revised to work with the new security models of Vista.

There will be a bunch of application that will need to be upgraded as we all move to the addition security built in to Vista and IE7

Friday, July 14, 2006 1:13 PM