none
Backup deduplicated HA Volume RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I set up a new HA System using 2 WS2012R2 virtual machines, both servers are part of a Failover Cluster and have a Shared vhdx using "Virtual disk sharing". This disk is than added to the cluster and Deduplication is activated. The cluster has only the fileserver role active.

Now I want to backup this disk, but I do not seem to be able to do that.

DPM always says:

The Operation failed since DPM was unable to access the file/folder \\?\Volume{e68ffdc3-1495-47c2-b602-3817282997c7}\Shares\csv1\PROD\packages\srvc1\DocumentManager\Documentmanager.xml on  DPM12R2.int.rubicon-it.com. This could be due to the file/folder being corrupt or the file system on the volume being corrupt. (ID 2036 Details: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable (0x80070570))

The DPM is a WS2012R2 server with DPM 2012R2.

On the Technet site concerning "Supported and unsupported scenarios", but I could not find any mention os this scenario:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn554221(v=sc.12).aspx#BKMK_Storage

My main question is now: Is this particular setup supported by DPM?
    I know that CSVs are only supported for Hyper-V workloads, but this is not a CSV it is not defined as such in the Cluster, it does have a normal NTFS partition, no CVFS.

Thanks in advance

Paul

• Edited by PauloW4 Wednesday, July 5, 2017 5:43 AM
    Tuesday, July 4, 2017 12:29 PM