Reboot the Machine without complete the installation of all theUpdates RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I have approved 150 hot fixes to a windows 7 machine, in that 71 updats has been downloaded through the policy (auto donwload notify for install), and i have custom script which has been added into shutdown scrippt and will install the Updates before reboot,

im using

updateInstaller.Updates = updateList
    Set installationResult = updateInstaller.Install()

to install the Update and taken log out of it .. but its installing only 30 updates and rebooted it , and when i checked the log its shows 

2014-12-16 10:14:49:950 1032 1110 Agent WARNING: WU client fails to call back to install call {462C64BB-5F1A-49FE-A6CB-328F67680E41} with error 0x800706ba

when i do the next reboot its installing the remaining Updates..

Please help me how to resolve this and i want to install all the downloaded updates at one time reboot

Thanks

Balaji K

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 4:48 PM

Answers

• i want to install all the downloaded updates at one time reboot

That may not be possible, depending on what you're installing.

Also, you stated that only 71 of 150 updates have been downloaded. Those may or may not be the "right" 71 updates to be installing (before the other 79 that aren't downloaded).

Of the 71 that were downloaded, it really depends on what's in that mix. Could well be that the other 41 can't be installed until one of those first 30 was.

Plus your messing with an already in-progress event (does this client have a *scheduled* installation event), by invoking the installation via a script, added into your shutdown script. For all we know your shutdown script interfered with the installation of the other updates.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCSA, MCITP:EA, MCDBA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Packaging, Deployment & Servicing (2005-2014)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.microsoft.com/en-us/mvp/Lawrence%20R%20Garvin-32101
    http://www.solarwinds.com/gotmicrosoft
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

• Proposed as answer by Steven_Lee0510 Monday, December 29, 2014 7:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steven_Lee0510 Monday, December 29, 2014 7:41 AM
    Wednesday, December 17, 2014 7:57 PM