none
How do I disable Network Bridge in Windows 8

Question

• Hi

I keep getting some ip address which resided in ip address 169.254.241.9. There are number of cases that the ip address might change within the range.

How do I disable Network Bridge in Windows 8.

I've been suspecting that someone have been bridging my network via his Apple Airport Base Station.

This person have been changing my computer settings and remote desktop to my computer ever since!

Thursday, November 08, 2012 12:20 PM

Answers

• Open Control Panel, clicking Network and Internet, clicking Network and Sharing Center, and then clicking Manage network connections.
    Right-click the network bridge that you want to remove, and then click Delete.  If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Friday, November 09, 2012 7:56 AM

All replies

• Open Control Panel, clicking Network and Internet, clicking Network and Sharing Center, and then clicking Manage network connections.
    Right-click the network bridge that you want to remove, and then click Delete.  If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Friday, November 09, 2012 7:56 AM
  • This answer seems a little off, since Windows 8 apparently no longer has a "Manage network connections" option in the Network and Sharing Center.

It looks like this is now under "Change adapter settings".

Thursday, May 30, 2013 11:23 PM
  • hey, what if "Delete" is disabled for the bridged connection (regular windows 10 pro, im OS administrator).
    Wednesday, May 16, 2018 6:05 PM
  • okay - i uninstalled driver for the bridged adaptor, rescanned hardware for changes -> that added bridge back but with an active Delete option.
    Wednesday, May 16, 2018 6:12 PM