none
Reference: Cannot change site title from its default of “Home” article by Jonathon Browne (BrightWork) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I was able to resolve part of an issue by referencing the article in the title (URL below), and if the author reads this, THANK YOU so much!  There are additional issues though that I believe to be related.  I am not a coder, but can easily copy, paste, and/or delete in SharePoint Designer.

Culprit is me not fully knowing what I am doing.  I was wanting "Community" to be the home page, so I switched links.  I know this now to be more along the lines of Modern sites.  When I realized it didn't work, I switched them back.  Nothing seemed to be broken at that point!?!?  Then I started managing site features for the site collection and subsites.  It was in the midst of all of this that things went invisible (or perhaps are hidden).  

In the referenced article, it was as simple as removing the word "Hidden" on a certain line of code.  I've included screen shots of the additional lines where I found the word "Hidden" in the master file, but wanted to check with the experts for suggestions (should I check other places and if yes, what needs to be done?)?  Any insights would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you - Kerry.

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

https://www.brightwork.com/blog/cannot-change-site-title-from-its-default-of-home

Kerry Soltysinski

Monday, February 11, 2019 6:33 PM

All replies

• Hi

I am not quite understand your issue.

The text part displayed in your screenshots are page title.

Justin Liu Office Apps & Services MVP, MCSE
    Senior Software Engineer
    Please Vote and Mark as Answer if it helps you.

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 3:23 AM
  • Hi Kerry,

You could change the site title in site settings.

Go to site settings-> Title, description and logo. Like this:

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 6:09 AM
  • Hi,

Is there anything to update?

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if it helps.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, February 15, 2019 9:53 AM
  • Hi Kerry,

How are things going? Is there any update on your issue?
    I am willing to hear from you. 

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Thursday, February 21, 2019 8:04 AM