Windows Defender - Language support RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Windows defender app is a built-in app in Windows 10. If the OS language is changed, will defender app language also change?What are the various languages it supports? Is the working of Windows defender same across all languages? 

I could not find any proper microsoft link which talks about the language support for windows defender. I need this information for my analysis on Windows Defender.

CorYos

Monday, April 23, 2018 9:22 AM

Answers

• As you said Windows Defender is build into Windows and it means if you change language for Windows all Windows Components including language for Windows Defender should be changed to the one you changed to.
    Monday, April 23, 2018 3:29 PM
  • Yes, CorYos.

If we change the Windows display language, Windows Defender will also shows the new language.

One thing we need to note, after change display language in Region & language, we must log off and log on to make it work.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 2:37 AM

All replies

• As you said Windows Defender is build into Windows and it means if you change language for Windows all Windows Components including language for Windows Defender should be changed to the one you changed to.
    Monday, April 23, 2018 3:29 PM
  • Yes, CorYos.

If we change the Windows display language, Windows Defender will also shows the new language.

One thing we need to note, after change display language in Region & language, we must log off and log on to make it work.

Regards

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 2:37 AM
  • Thanks for the update.

CorYos

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 5:03 AM
  • You are welcome, if you get the answer of the question, kindly mark the helpful reply to close this case, thank you for understanding and cooperating. 

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 6:03 AM