Skype for Business Online - On-Prem Resource Account RRS feed

• Question

• If I have an on-prem Exchange 2013 resource account which has a Skype for Business 2015 on-prem user or meeting room account I can sign into the Skype for Business client fine. If however I then move the account to be homed online (we a hybrid deployment) the SfB 2016 client is not able to sign back in with the resources credentials.

Is having an Exchange on-prem resource account homed online supported?

Monday, November 12, 2018 2:54 PM

Answers

• Hi Evan, I have resolved this myself. The issue was that when I was trying to login to the SfB account with one of our Polycom Trio 8800's. It also needed the domain name filed completed when the SfB Meeting Room account is homed online.
    • Marked as answer by Blue_man2 Wednesday, November 14, 2018 4:26 PM
    Wednesday, November 14, 2018 4:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Blue_Craig,

Based on my research, it seems this is supported. You could refer to this blog to find more details about How to migrate Resource (room) mailboxes to Office 365.  

In addition, based on my research, using a Room Mailbox by itself for just calendaring in Office 365 does not require any licenses be assigned, but when that same room mailbox is also configured .as a Skype for Business Meeting Room then a license must be assigned. You could check the license of those account in your environment. Details about this you could refer to Skype for Business Online Meeting Room Accounts.

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft can make no representation concerning the content of these sites. Microsoft is providing this information only as a convenience to you: this is to inform you that Microsoft has not tested any software or information found on these sites and therefore cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software on the Internet.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Wednesday, November 14, 2018 6:20 AM
    Tuesday, November 13, 2018 6:46 AM
  • Hi Evan, I have resolved this myself. The issue was that when I was trying to login to the SfB account with one of our Polycom Trio 8800's. It also needed the domain name filed completed when the SfB Meeting Room account is homed online.
    • Marked as answer by Blue_man2 Wednesday, November 14, 2018 4:26 PM
    Wednesday, November 14, 2018 4:26 PM